All reviews denny's restaurant lots of parking small fridge okanagan lake convention courtyard
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The good news is that the staff we encountered were very helpful, efficient and friendly. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable.
The not so good news is that our first view at the entrance to the hotel was chipped and broken cement walkway and very dirty glass on the entrance doors. Not a good first impression.. The hotel public areas are a bit shopworn and the hallway carpets are in great need of a good cleaning. Our room, booked via the Internet was very small but it was clean. All in all, I would say its not a bad place to stay. they just need to do a bit more maintenance. The pool area looked very nice and inviting although we did not have time to use it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly staff, clean room and comfortable beds. We are in the process of renovating our carpet and repairing the concrete section you refer too. We have done recent upgrades in the pool area as you noted. We look forward to having you back and showing you the improvements!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We only stayed at the Sandman because our other hotel, which we usually stay at, was completely booked. Our room, which was tiny to say the least, was clean and tidy but the carpeting, wallpaper and fixtures are in need of an update. There was no mini fridge or microwave either, shouldn't these items be a standard fixtures? I'd gladly forgo a flat screen TV for a mini fridge anytime! Thankfully we brought a small cooler to keep our beverages cool and we also made full use of the ice machine. We were happy that the bed was comfy and the air con worked well. Unfortunately we ran out of hot water on the morning of check out:(

Most of the common area carpeting, especially the stairwells and elevators, needs replacing badly and also, why hasn't someone invented a door hinge that keeps the doors from slamming shut? This is a huge annoyance at 7am when you're trying to catch a few extra zzzz's. We didn't make much use of the pool because it is only about 3 1/2 feet deep and not nearly big enough for the size of the hotel.

Check in was handled quickly and efficiently and our room maid was very polite and handled our requests with a smile.

I would not recommend this hotel to a friend as there are better ones in the area for the same price. We will book early for next year's August long weekend at a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the friendly staff and clean room product. I am sorry to hear that we fell short in other areas. We are always in the process of updating our product to meet our valued guests needs. We do hope that you will visit us again in the near future and we can showcase some upcoming improvements. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just got back to Calgary from my stay at this beautiful Sandman Hotel with my beautiful wife. We stayed in room 308 queen bed with kitchen for 2 nights. Sunday and Monday Comfy pillows comfy bed and very clean room. The kitchen area is equipped with a lot of kitchen stuff for cooking. The pool is very nice. Lots of parking and friendly staff. The only thing that i didnt like for the price we payed they dont include breakfast. They do have a dennys restaurant and a nice pub.

Hotel is located in a nice quiet area. close walk to the Okanagan Lake beach. I wouldn't pay any attention to any of the negative posts on here. I would stay at this hotel again next year when i return to Penticton and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Im sorry i forgot to take pictures to upload on here.

Enjoy your stay and visit in Penticton

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Studio Kitchen rooms and friendly staff. Excellent comments all around. From all of us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and room spacious. King bed very comfortable. I will say it was a bit noisy as our room close to side entrance and door was banging shut until quite late. Also we stayed at a holiday weekend so exceptionally busy.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed the Kind beds and had a comfortable stay, certainly a favourite with our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Overall, my recent stay at the Sandman Hotel in Penticton was great! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the overall atmosphere was nice. The pool/spa was refreshing and the new modern touches to the rooms and lobby were very nice. The staff were very efficient and were always willing to help. Their knowledge on the local area and giving directions was great! The only thing I would like to see improve is the elevator. It was probably the noisiest, smallest, and loudest elevator I have been in. I felt like the thing was going to break down. Also it would be nice if there was a complimentary breakfast included too. However, the overall impression/experience was wonderful, and I really appreciate the friendly staff and nice hotel atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: -Rooms on the inner pool side can sometimes get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed the service from our team and overall experience. On behalf of all of us at the Sandman Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!