All reviews denny's restaurant lots of parking small fridge comfy bed onsite lake courtyard
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really wanted to share my positive experience at the Penticton Sandman. We stayed at the Sandman during a visit to attend a concert on January 19th. The hotel was clean and everything was in order but the thing that stood out for me was the excellent customer service provided. I called the night before arriving and confirmed details with a gentlemen named Kevin he was very helpful and let me know he would be in attendance upon our arrival the next day. The next day we arrived and were attended to by Kevin and his WOW customer service skills. I wanted to write this review in order to acknowledge his effort and thank him for everything. It is front line staff like him that truly aids in the success of businesses.
PS Sandman Chain put the Kleenex in the bathroom!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank teresadurning38
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience each and every day and it sounds like we hit the mark. I will certainly be passing on your comments to all involved. From all of us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed at the Sandman for The Band Perry concert. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Justin at the front desk! The room was clean, had a nice view of the pool and if you are looking to sleep in the black out curtains are great! Not to mention the price was very reasonable.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your review. Great comments, we are pleased you enjoyed the friendly staff and your overall experience. I will certainly pass on your comments to Justin and the entire team. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed as a group and were very impressed with the overall experiance. The front desk staff to the maid service was to notch. The pool and spa was a lot of fun to be around.I will be back to this hotel again.Gramme the group booking agent handled everything with ease and gave us a great time to remember.

Room tip: I would choose an inner room to be near the pool and spa.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank pat j
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased we hit the mark and your group had a great time. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel is clean, with great amenities: Dennie's, pub, and gym. Staff were friendly, lobby was nice. Elevator is located at the very back which is weird, also rooms were very small, tv remote didn't work and if your sitting on the toilet you can't open or shut the bathroom door.

Date of stay: September 2013
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed the friendly staff, clean hotel and onsite amenities. We do offer a wide range of room types with varying sizes to suit all our valued guests requirements. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 8 October 2013

It's my 2nd time here but the hotel is my 3rd choice. I prefer the Ramada or the Best Western in that order. However, sometimes availability and price point land you at your least favourite.

That said, it's not a dump, it's clean and the staff if you can get hold of them are courteous. If you're in Penticton for anything to do with hockey (eg tournament, camp, game) it's a perfect location. The Sandman is a block from the rink. But if you're not here for hockey the location is irrelevant.

My knocks on the Sandman are; the wireless is painfully slow. There is no tech help and repeated calls to guest services between 8 and 10pm were not answered. The fitness centre is 4 pieces of exercise equipment in a hallway. Expect to see guests rolling by with their luggage while you workout.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found the Hotel clean and the staff courteous. I am sorry to hear we fell short in other areas of your stay. We value your feedback and you taking the time to make us aware of our shortfalls. I will address your comments with our Management team and we hope to see you again in the near future.