“Great price”

Slumber Lodge Motel
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

After a horrible stay at a previous hotel for Twice as much this place was blessing. The room was average and perfect for the rate. $50 winter rate was spot on. I have paid twice as much for exactly the same. The staff were awesome. Some guys next door to us were playing loud music at an early time but I didnt want it to be a problem later so voiced my co concern to the staff and they immediately moved us to another room far from them. Again the price awesome! Not sure of their summet rates.

• Stayed: March 2014
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

In the winter months we often offer some amazing special rates, this year we had a Blizzard Special!! I am glad to hear you took advantage of this special pricing.

I will pass along your comments about the staff. I am happy to hear that they took immediate action and made you comfortable.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked this room for out of town guest coming for a family reunion....The only thing good about it is the location.(next to the condo we live in) Seriously, it is run down, it is in need of a major overhaul and updating....The next time I have to find accommodation in Penticton for guests, perhaps I will look at the other end of the strip, or book a nice CLEAN QUIET B&B!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sundried007

I am very sorry to hear that your guests did not enjoy their stay with us. Due to privacy reasons I do not know what room they were in. If you could contact me directly, I would appreciate hearing from you about the particular details of what was not to their satisfaction.

I hope we can correct these issues and welcome your business back in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I guess we just lucked out because all the main hotels were full, and ended up checking out this one. We got a great room, that appeared to have been renovated, as this is a dated motel for sure. The service at the main desk, both when we checked in and when we checked out was great, and much appreciated. For proximity to beach, downtown, and for the price, I was quite impressed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ezzdzzit

I am very happy to hear that you were impressed with your service. We are constantly making improvements and renovating our rooms, usually through the winter months when it is a little slower.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

In August 2013 my overseas visitors stayed for 4 days in this motel. It's location was very convenient, so I reserved it several months ahead.
The room was supposed to be an "updated " room.which I had requested.The credit card was immediately processed on their arrival and they paid $662.60. which was a "Seniors rate"!!! They were jetlagged and exhausted. A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE awaited them!!!
The bedspreads were dingy and old, the toilet seat did not fit and was unstable, there was no way to prevent the floor being saturated when they used the shower, and there was a hole in the bathroom wall. The fridge rattled noisily all night.They were devastated to find HAIR in the beds when they retired!
All night other guests thumped up and down the stairs and along the 2nd floor balcony, and at 6am people sat outside their door and smoked , coughed and talked! They asked if they could get another room on the 2nd floor, but were told that the motel was fully booked
There was no doubt that it made a terrible impression..I was devastated and so ashamed.
This was utterly disgraceful!

Room Tip: Inspect it thoroughly first......don't pay beforehand.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank simplequality
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I Was up in Penticton with my family for a couple of nights at this motel in August. Well, never again will we subject ourselves to this place. We got the 2 dbl beds and queen pull out. If you don't mind the feel of springs on your back and sleeping on an incline then this might be your cup of tea. There is A/C only in the living room but none in the bedroom which makes for a restless stuffy night. The bathroom was clean but needed an overhaul. I suggest management spend some money on this place and not steal from guests. It's very close to the beach but I wouldn't care if I could step onto the beach from my front door, no way again. The only bright spot was some of the staff were friendly and helpful, at least to us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunwanabe007
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I love Penticton because the lakes are so warm and the beaches are really nice with lots of sand, so you don't have to tip-toe into the water as many beaches are only sandy up to the water, but not sandy or soft once you hit the water.

When you are at the beach and you need to grab something such as another cold drink, a snack, or even need to use a washroom, it is so, so nice when your motel is just a minute or two away from your spot on the beach. That is as good as it gets and this motel has a great location right across the street from the beach at Okanagan Lake.

Not all the rooms have a view of the lake, but you are only a short walk across the street for the best view of the lake.

The rooms are average. They are clean and the beds are comfortable. The air conditioning created a bit of a stinky smell, but we got used to it and it was not so bad. It would be nice if they had a few more chairs for sitting outside of the room. Unfortunately, when it is very hot in Penticton, as it often is during the summer (30 to 36 C) during our stay, you might want to sit outside of the room, but it is very hot and the AC unit blows even more hot air as they face the walkway side of the room where you would sit, so it is fairly hot to sit outside of the room.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and courteous.

We would definitely stay here again as the price was very good and the rooms were all you need as in Penticton you pretty much spend most of your time away from your room and usually only return to the room to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The location really can't be beat! This hotel is located at the opposite end of the beach from all of the other "beachfront hotels" and what a blessing that is! The beach across the street from the Slumber Lodge is fairly quiet, clean, and relaxing. It is also away from all of the partying hooligans that seem to hit the beach at the other end of the strip after 6pm. If you're young and/ or single, and want a lively scene don't stay here. Book something closer to the other end of the street, close to the rose gardens.
This hotel is fantastic for families. In addition to the beach across the street, the hotel has a great indoor pool.
The room was comfortable and clean. It certainly does need some updating in terms of aesthetic appearances (yes it does look something out of the '80s furniture catalogue) but it's all still in good repair and kept clean. Our air conditioner broke and within a couple of hours the staff had contacted someone and had it completely replaced. The staff in general were very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely be returning here again.

Room Tip: Kitchenette rooms are well worth the value
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kmomma

Thank you for your review.

We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am happy to hear that your A/C unit was replaced promptly.

We are very much a family oriented motel, that offer good value and clean rooms.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.