“Great Staff”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Burnaby
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the Lakeshore for 2 nights. After reading the reviews online, I asked for a quiet room far away from the Barking Parrot patio which fronts onto the lake, as all reviews mentioned the late night noise disturbances from the bar. I didn't realize that ALL the lakefront rooms are exposed to the bar patio, so sure enough, at 12:44 pm, we were woken up by all the usual late-night bar hooting and loud voices. GRRR.
We asked for a room change the next morning, and were immediately given a new room on the Beach Front, plus a breakfast voucher for the inconvenience. This was much appreciated. I recommend for anyone who wants to stay here, ask for the Beach Front rooms - still water view, but NO bar sounds in the night, although the large industrial air intake fans mean patio doors closed. It will make the difference between a good stay and a bad stay, in my opinion, and thanks to the front desk for the prompt fix to the problem and the free breakfast:))

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are quieter, but with AC noise from fan on roof below.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Our room had a great view and the service was friendly. All in with the wine tour package and the coupons, it was a good value. For what they charge though, you'd think they could put a comfortable bed in the room.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel is well maintained and attractive with fresh flower arrangements in the foyer, nicely landscaped grounds, an elevator that requires your card to enter, attentive staff, gorgeous lakefront location. It has two restaurants to choose from on the property. We ate at the Bufflehead both nights and were delighted with the food, service and ambiance. As for the room, 649, it was well away from the patio so that we didn't have to experience the noise of the late night partying that we experienced on our last visit a few years ago. The room was very clean and well furnished, good black out drapes, flat screen tv, and a lovely view. The main problem is the mattress, which is well overdue for replacement. They offered us another room a couple of doors down, but after trying out the mattress, we stayed where we were. It looks like more than one mattress needs to be replaced. Even with this shortcoming, I would recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway with all of its amenities and the beautiful view of the mountains and lake.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room as far away from the patio as possible if you don't want to be disturbed...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

First off, let me start by saying that this hotel is beautifully situated. I recently stayed there for week while travelling on business and had a business-class room.

It's downfall is that it tries to be all things: Vacation resort, convention centre, business hotel, and casino/nightclub.

First complaint: Noise. Although I liked my room very much, it was on the lakeside (which I paid extra for), but from which I had to listen to all of the nightclub noises. It got so bad that I had to wear earplugs just to sleep on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

If they want to have casino and nightcub that generate noise, then they'd better kick up their soundproofing. I can't risk a poor night's sleep when I have to be "on" for six days straight for work.

Second complaint: The abysmal excuse for a business centre. Part of the reason I decided to stay at the Lakeside Resort was because of the business centre advertised on the website. Well, take heed - of the two computers available, one does not work, and the other doesn't even have a Word viewer installed. Consequently, one cannot even open a Word document to properly to print it. The only printing is of PDFs.

When the front desk staffer tried to help me by having me email her the word document I was trying to tweak to the print, she couldn't even open it on whatever computer she had access to. She clearly had been in the same boat, and nothing had been done.

After some 20 minutes of fiddling, I had to go back up to my room, make the changes, PDF the document and then take it back downstairs to print. From then on I gave up doing anything extra at the so-called business centre, and made the trek to Staples (on the OPPOSITE end of town), to do my final prints and tweaks.

This is simply not acceptable to me. I will be travelling to Penticton on business throughout the year, and despite an excellent location within downtown, this hotel simply cannot accommodate the most basic needs of business travel, so I doubt I will stay again.

Room Tip: The lakeside has the nighclub, and the cityside has the casino. I doubt quiet can be had anywhere, e...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank adrimcm

Travellers are raving about these Penticton hotels

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Had a great stay for 2 nights on a business trip. Room was very nice and the pub was Fantastic. Great service and friendly staff. And the food was awesome! It is an easy couple of block walk to the downtown core for the tourist stuff too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hi, checked in with my husband for a long weekend. The views are amazing - can't stress how beautiful it is. The lake/beach is fantastic. Ample lounge chairs, beach towels. The hotel has a casino, a pub and restaurant. The food is good and the price is pretty reasonable. The only negative side to this resort is the swimming pool and hot tub which are indoors and the smell of the chlorine burns your eyes. Also, the beds are not comfortable at all. However the rooms are pretty clean. We reserved a king size bed, we received a queen. For 2 days I didn't make a fuss. We rented jetski and parasailed and rented a boat. it was lots of fun. Not sure if I will return to the same resort though. I highly recommend Penticton and should you wish to have dinner somewhere different, try "Theo" Greek Restaurant it's one of the best Greek food I've had. It is always busy in high season so ensure that the hotel make reservation for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you purchase the breakfast special - ask about it when you make reservations. Also, if yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We arrived at 8pm and there was a man peeing on the wall of hotel near the bushes. He looked like a guest or casino user who couldn't take the time to walk inside. The next day at around 12:30pm there was a man smoking a joint on the curb just to the left of the lobby. He was defiently a guest as I saw him checking in an hour before. That being said the rooms were find. My only complaint is when I called at 9am asking if I could check out 30mins late the front desk clerk made me feel like I was asking for the world, she agreed but she made such a fuss about it they I checked out right at noon. It was also a little warm in our room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penticton
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites
#31 of 44 in Penticton
Slumber Lodge Motel
Slumber Lodge Motel
#25 of 44 in Penticton

Been to Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!