Stayed here two nights for a conference being held at the hotel; received a very good corporate rate and am so very happy about that, because there were definitely some issues. Nothing serious, but not what one would expect for $250 or so a night.
First off, the beds are horrid. Hard and uncomfortable. Lots of pillows were supplied, possibly to make up for the awful mattresses?
Cleanliness was fair to middling; the place looked a bit tired, and the sheets on one bed were paper thin, with little rips from over-wear. Had a bath but had to clean the tub first - there was what looked like soap scum floating in the water when I first started to fill it, so had to try again. Yuck.
Internet was slow & sporadic, kept having to reconnect.
VERY noisy. We were on the parking lot side, on the 5th floor, and slamming car doors & conversations were extremely loud until the wee hours. And terrible to complain about such a thing, but even the fountain noise was intrusive when our patio door was open, which it was until we went to bed, because the room was very stuffy. Could hear noises from the floor above (including bathroom activity) plus anything going on in the hallway was very loud in the room.
On the plus side, the staff was very pleasant and friendly through out our stay. Used room service twice; the second time our order was not as requested, but we decided to just go with is versus the hassle of correcting. The food from room service (Barking Parrot restaurant, if I remember correctly) was all right but very average - definitely not gourmet. A bit overpriced for what we received, but not outrageously so.
The place in general is a bit of a mix. Public areas - lobby, conference room, restaurant - are nicely decorated and attractive. Rooms are a decade or two out of date, and the mattresses need a serious updating.
Didn't set foot in the Casino, so no opinion there!
My recommendation would be to go somewhere else if you are looking for peace and quiet and comfort. A very average facility, not in line with the promotion on the website and the room rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Penticton Lakeside Resort is a full service hotel in Penticton that offers luxurious amenities, clean, spacious rooms, and a spectacular view of Okanagan Lake. We offer a number of dining options, nearby attractions, and room accommodations to ensure that you can thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre And Casino
- Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre Hotel Penticton
- Penticton Lakeside Hotel Convention Centre