“Worst motel experience”

Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Calgary, Canada
“Worst motel experience”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Travel a lot in Canada and in Europe and this was THE worst customer service I have ever experienced.
I simply would suggest that no-one waste their time, money or vacation at this place.
Terrible, terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank DeliMichaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2011

What a great location! Steps from the beach. Motel was nice, clean and quiet. Right on the "strip" so you can walk everywhere. Pleasant couple run the motel, helped me to find my way around. My room was a bachelor, which suited me just fine. Other suites were larger with stoves. Mine had a fridge and few basics - toaster, kettle and the like which was enough for me. Would recommend staying here. Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CanadianGirl05
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Disgusting. We stayed with our dog and apparently the owners think that pet owners are all pigs. My dog's dog house is cleaner than the room they gave us! When we first got to the room we noticed the stove was filthy, and the bathroom was not very well cleaned. I asked for a cleaner room and the owner laughed his head off.. "She wants a cleaner room".. he chortled as he walked away from us... Then the fun began. The dishes were filthy, there was finger prints all over the light switches, big dirty finger prints. The drawers in the bedroom dresser needed cleaning.. BAD! And the funky little wormy thing that I found on my clothes in the drawer the next morning was not a good thing before breakfast, which despist a kitchen, we had to eat at a restaurant because the pots and pans were in worse shape than the ones we threw away after we stopped going camping. I think I got bed bug bites on my legs and we needed two towels each to dry off because they were so thin. The urine smell in the bedroom must have been made by multiple dogs and thank god my border collie is smart enough to know you do not piddle on the floor.. even if the floor smells like a dog park.

Unfortunately, I believed the online ad, and had prepaid and did not think they would give me my money back so I was forced to stay there for two nights. Lets just say we touched nothing we didn't have to, and probably left the dive in cleaner shape then when we got there! The best thing about the place? Salty's restaurant two doors down and the beach across the street. "Cleaner room.. haha.. I do not think these people know what clean means, or customer service"....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank maitiemouse

Travellers are raving about these Penticton hotels

nevada
Reviewed 15 August 2009

We have been going to Penticton every summer for the last 5 years. This was our first stay at the Rochester Resort, and our best. Very clean, comfortable beds and friendly owner. Will definately return.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Vernon, B.C.
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Stayed for 2 weeks at a great rate! Owner helped me unload car and he carried all of my luggege to my room along with 3 boxes of heavy books ( for the business conderence I was attending). Accomodations were immaculate and cosy. With living room, bedroom, bath/shower , new TV and complete kitchen ( stove, full fridge, microwave, dishes, pots and pans, cutlery, table and chairs). Provided everything I needed! Location was superb! It's right across from the center of the beach on Sunset Strip, next to excellent restaurants, a pleasant 10 minute walk into town (and the best used book store in the Valley),and you can walk down the beach to the casino. ( which also has a great pub and restaurant patio that is lit with torches in the summer)

I have stayed at the Rochester 3 times now for location and value. This place is particularly great to stay at in the summer when it is hot and Penticton comes alive with beach-goers, canopied bicycles for two, and wonderful events such as Peach Fest , when there are outside cafes, and when they show movies against the backdrop of a night sky on the beach! Next door to this motel is also a great ice-cream place, good Mexican Food. And it's down the street from Salty's Oyster Bar. Have recommended this motel to friends who also have returned!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 September 2008

We stayed three nights.

The hotel is older. The room was fine. Some mildew smell in the bathroom. Parking was tight for a full size pickup.

The best things about the hotel: the location, it's right across from the beach, every room has a kitchenette and there are BBQ's on the decks for the guest use, this was great for everyone that doesn't want to eat all meals in a restaurant.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — mildew smell
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
vernon b.c.
Reviewed 21 May 2008

clean,great staff, great wireless internet and wonderfull beds new queen size pillow tops 27 inch T.V.s

left my lap top there and they sent it to me by couier free of charge

• Liked — clean maid service every day and the internet
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)