“good price, great location, not the best customer service.....”
Review of Rochester Resorts

Rochester Resorts
Rochester Resorts
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Summerland, British Columbia, Canada
“good price, great location, not the best customer service.....”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The location is fantastic, the rooms were okay and clean, LOVED the shared decks, bbqs and picnic tables available.... BUT when I arrived for my friends staggette I was made to feel like a young teenager in trouble....... NOT A GREAT START. When I spoke via email they were extremely kind and friendly when I walked into the office the owner said very rudley to me..... " You never stated that this was a staggette ( didn't know I had to clarify why I needed to stay in a hotel????" "we have had nothing but problems this season with you staggette people!!!!"... wow thats an assumption that we are going to be wild and crazy... not too happy about that!!! I was standing in her office feeling like crap, she was quite upset at me saying she had to move our rooms around, since she surrounded us with families and she can't keep it that way??? Why not, we are 6 women with small children at home, mature and just celebrating our friends staggette, nothing crazy.... after 5 min of standing there I just said " Forget it we will check in later!!" she then came out and said she figured it out.... and she was a bit nicer but it wasn't a nice way to start off my day that I had planned and looked forward to for 5 months...

It made me feel uncomfortable for the rest of the day and evening, and we were so super quiet....I just think that if you own a hotel in Penticton across from the beach you have to expect that people are going to be celebrating, having fun and sometime people may be a bit loud that is the business you are in and you should never judge one customer to the next... a simple reminder of the quiet time rules would have been appropriate!! after all we paid over 300 dollars for one night to ensure nobody was drinking and driving.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chrissi Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Location is in a great spot, right near the beach on Lake Okanogan. The renovated bathroom was nice, but the room was so dark - not sure what they have against light fixtures - just a couple of lamps, which weren't really adequate.

The people who worked here were really friendly, the mattresses were comfortable and room very clean.

Bathroom could use more hooks (back of door) and towel racks.
It's likely somewhere between an average & very good rating. Not sure how the price compared to others in area because my friend found the hotel, but seemed a little pricey for a motel with no pool or anything like that.

Room Tip: no idea - was only in one.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cdnclan
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at the Rochester overnight on our way through Penticton. The staff was very friendly. The remodeled room was perfect and more than we needed. We got a one bedroom unit with a large kitchenette/sitting area. All the rooms in our unit were very clean. The cupboards were stocked with a few dishes for anyone wanting to cook for themselves. Outside on the large deck area there are barbeques and picnic tables for guests to use. There is also a guest laundry room. The location is perfect - across from the beach, close to restaurants, and a short walk to the casino. It was very quiet, but I imagine once summer hits and families arrive to spend their vacation time in Penticton, that will change. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy G
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Travel a lot in Canada and in Europe and this was THE worst customer service I have ever experienced.
I simply would suggest that no-one waste their time, money or vacation at this place.
Terrible, terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank DeliMichaud

Travellers are raving about these Penticton hotels

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2011

What a great location! Steps from the beach. Motel was nice, clean and quiet. Right on the "strip" so you can walk everywhere. Pleasant couple run the motel, helped me to find my way around. My room was a bachelor, which suited me just fine. Other suites were larger with stoves. Mine had a fridge and few basics - toaster, kettle and the like which was enough for me. Would recommend staying here. Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CanadianGirl05
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Disgusting. We stayed with our dog and apparently the owners think that pet owners are all pigs. My dog's dog house is cleaner than the room they gave us! When we first got to the room we noticed the stove was filthy, and the bathroom was not very well cleaned. I asked for a cleaner room and the owner laughed his head off.. "She wants a cleaner room".. he chortled as he walked away from us... Then the fun began. The dishes were filthy, there was finger prints all over the light switches, big dirty finger prints. The drawers in the bedroom dresser needed cleaning.. BAD! And the funky little wormy thing that I found on my clothes in the drawer the next morning was not a good thing before breakfast, which despist a kitchen, we had to eat at a restaurant because the pots and pans were in worse shape than the ones we threw away after we stopped going camping. I think I got bed bug bites on my legs and we needed two towels each to dry off because they were so thin. The urine smell in the bedroom must have been made by multiple dogs and thank god my border collie is smart enough to know you do not piddle on the floor.. even if the floor smells like a dog park.

Unfortunately, I believed the online ad, and had prepaid and did not think they would give me my money back so I was forced to stay there for two nights. Lets just say we touched nothing we didn't have to, and probably left the dive in cleaner shape then when we got there! The best thing about the place? Salty's restaurant two doors down and the beach across the street. "Cleaner room.. haha.. I do not think these people know what clean means, or customer service"....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank maitiemouse
nevada
Reviewed 15 August 2009

We have been going to Penticton every summer for the last 5 years. This was our first stay at the Rochester Resort, and our best. Very clean, comfortable beds and friendly owner. Will definately return.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple