“Good Value”

Rochester Resorts
Rochester Resorts
Ranked #39 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed from September 19 to the 23, 2012 and had read some of the previous reviews before I got to the Hotel. The Lady at the front desk was pleasant from the second we entered the door. We had rented 2 rooms and we were a little needy because my friend was getting married on the beach and required some of the hotels services. We were helped above and beyond what we asked for. The rooms are not the Taj Mahal but were clean. I had mentiioned to the staff member about some previous comments some people had made regarding the hotel and she said they were all true and the Inappropriate staff had been fired. Very good place and location to stay in Penticton.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Albert K

Reviewed 16 September 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days at the end of July in Penticton, staying at the Rochester. Our stay there was wonderful! Best location, spacious, clean rooms and great amenities. We walked to the downtown area daily from the motel. We will definitely stay there next time we're in Penticton!

Sheila H.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The rooms do need updating but the location is amazing and we were able to use the bbqs and make ourselves a great dinner. The front desk staff were ok but when we asked about using the bbqs said since it was near the end of the season they may not have a lot of propane left (isn't that their issue to rectify?) but generally an OK place to stay with a fabulous location!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rae Rae C
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Very handy accommodation. Location is great, our unit was a bit 'tired' but suited us well. The lake front is so close which is what we went for plus the great location for mountain biking. Recommended!

Room Tip: Ground floor units are great for access
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GandLTilbrook
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The location is fantastic, the rooms were okay and clean, LOVED the shared decks, bbqs and picnic tables available.... BUT when I arrived for my friends staggette I was made to feel like a young teenager in trouble....... NOT A GREAT START. When I spoke via email they were extremely kind and friendly when I walked into the office the owner said very rudley to me..... " You never stated that this was a staggette ( didn't know I had to clarify why I needed to stay in a hotel????" "we have had nothing but problems this season with you staggette people!!!!"... wow thats an assumption that we are going to be wild and crazy... not too happy about that!!! I was standing in her office feeling like crap, she was quite upset at me saying she had to move our rooms around, since she surrounded us with families and she can't keep it that way??? Why not, we are 6 women with small children at home, mature and just celebrating our friends staggette, nothing crazy.... after 5 min of standing there I just said " Forget it we will check in later!!" she then came out and said she figured it out.... and she was a bit nicer but it wasn't a nice way to start off my day that I had planned and looked forward to for 5 months...

It made me feel uncomfortable for the rest of the day and evening, and we were so super quiet....I just think that if you own a hotel in Penticton across from the beach you have to expect that people are going to be celebrating, having fun and sometime people may be a bit loud that is the business you are in and you should never judge one customer to the next... a simple reminder of the quiet time rules would have been appropriate!! after all we paid over 300 dollars for one night to ensure nobody was drinking and driving.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Chrissi Y
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Location is in a great spot, right near the beach on Lake Okanogan. The renovated bathroom was nice, but the room was so dark - not sure what they have against light fixtures - just a couple of lamps, which weren't really adequate.

The people who worked here were really friendly, the mattresses were comfortable and room very clean.

Bathroom could use more hooks (back of door) and towel racks.
It's likely somewhere between an average & very good rating. Not sure how the price compared to others in area because my friend found the hotel, but seemed a little pricey for a motel with no pool or anything like that.

Room Tip: no idea - was only in one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cdnclan
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at the Rochester overnight on our way through Penticton. The staff was very friendly. The remodeled room was perfect and more than we needed. We got a one bedroom unit with a large kitchenette/sitting area. All the rooms in our unit were very clean. The cupboards were stocked with a few dishes for anyone wanting to cook for themselves. Outside on the large deck area there are barbeques and picnic tables for guests to use. There is also a guest laundry room. The location is perfect - across from the beach, close to restaurants, and a short walk to the casino. It was very quiet, but I imagine once summer hits and families arrive to spend their vacation time in Penticton, that will change. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple