“We loved it and we'll be back!”

Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“We loved it and we'll be back!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed 7 nites at the hotel in August and it was so wonderful. Perfect place to go with children as the pool had a large shallow area. We were pleasantly surprised to learn (just by chance) that there was a "kids club" on the pool deck each day. A fun director had all sorts of arts and crafts and played swimming pool games with the kids and even filled up dozens of water balloons and had a water balloon fight. This gave my husband and myself a chance to read and rest by the pool while my kids were being entertained by a "fun director". The kids movie nite was also a great idea - the movie was shown on the pool deck along with all you can eat pizza and an ice cream for $10 per child. While the kids watched the movie, my husband and I ate at the Blue Tail Grill restaurant by the pool in peace. It was wonderful!
The staff were very friendly too.
We stayed in a suite with a queen bed and separate living room area (with pullout sofa) and a full kitchen. Nice layout to room and we overlooked the golf course. Air conditioning worked perfectly. The only negative was that the bed sheet and duvet cover were ripped. And the morning that we were checking out (it was a Saturday), we went for a quick swim in the pool and there were no pool towels that entire morning. So we had to walk back to our rooms dripping wet.
Highly recommend this hotel for families.

1 Thank lori p
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Thank you for your review! Our Directors of Fun were probably the best new addition to the hotel this year (for both the kids and the adults!). They will certainly be back next year with even more activities around our poolside restaurant - the Blue Tail Grill! More pool towels next year - I'm on it! Many thanks, we look forward to welcoming you back!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stay in the courtyard if you have kids. The ground floor units are great.

Room Tip: Anything in the courtyard near the pool is perfect.
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I booked this property based on a good experience I had on a previous visit. This time we were given a room in the tower, which adjoins the nearby golf course. Once I entered the room I could tell this was not going to be the same quality of room I had when last I visited.

While the room was in acceptable condition for a short stay, I expected more for $150 a night. Most of the locals in Penticton agree that the Ramada is one of the nicer hotels in town, however the quality of the room definitely suggested otherwise. The bedroom mattress sagged, the patio was dirty and there was very little in the way of "special" touches. The bathroom was particularly neglected - the shower curtain was separated from the wall, the heat lamp in the ceiling did not fit in the cutout and the bathroom faucet appeared to be installed backwards.

I commented about all of this to the front desk upon checkout but only received an uninspired "oops, sorry" from the checkout clerk. I think I'll consider another hotel next time I come to Penticton.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for your review. Disappointing for me to read and see how your room was set up. Due to confidentiality, I don't know what room number you were in or your last name but if you have a brief minute to call me directly, I would love to discuss further with you and have the ability to earn your business back. Thank you.
White Rock Bc Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This is the Fourth time my wife and I have stayed at the Ramada Inn, Penticton.
This time we celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Our stay was perfect in every way, our room was without fault, the beds, fridge, TV, bathroom & shower were great and the Patio well furnished with a table, chairs, and comfortable recliners. The Pub, and restaurants were excellent. Swimming pool very refreshing. Highly recommended !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linman
Gordon_Ferguson, General Manager at Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you for your review! So glad you enjoyed your stay...but most importantly...Happy Anniversary from the entire Penticton Ramada Team!!!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We had a good stay. The staff were accommodating to us when we had an issue with our assigned room. The poolside restaurant is very good with friendly and efficient staff. The pool and grounds are lovely. The pool had some clarity issues but we were there in very hot weather with high volume use.
The housekeeping is the only area that needs improvement. I don't believe the room was vacuumed in the whole 10 day stay, which is an issue in a sandy beach destination! They did not change our glasses every day and there were rarely washcloths given with the towel sets. ( Irritating for a pricey venue.)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! After 48 years we built a new swimming pool this year - my how technology has changed!...and yes, it took us a while to make the pool crystal clear but I think we have it now! - glad you enjoyed your experience. I am concerned however of your housekeeping comments and will follow up with our procedures as each of your points (vacuum, linens and glass washing) is a daily requirement. Thank you for that feedback and I look forward to having you return!
haruko80
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I took a chance last year with priceline and bid on a hotel not knowing what place we were going to get. When we got to the Ramada we were beyond happy with the service we received from the staff. The best part about the hotel was the pool because it has such a great set up in the middle of the hotel with the best waitresses there. We went again this year and were just as impressed with everything. One day we received a phone call from the front desk to ask if we needed anything about I found that to be a great personal touch. We also went out for dinner one night and had leftovers that we wanted to eat the next morning and since there is no microwave in the room they were more than happy to heat it up for us at the front desk. They also have bbq's there for you if you want to make your own meals. We will definitely be going back every year!!!

Room Tip: When booking as for a ground level room by the pool. Best area and closest to everything.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are celebrating our 50th Anniversary next year and our 2.5 acre garden courtyard is one of those special places our returning guests come back for year after year. Thank you - we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Great rooms, nice balcony, quiet, nice pool , great restuarant and pub. Do the driving experience in Penticton a wonderful gift for anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank borntodance
Thank you for your review! There's not a better place in the world to experience a driving vacation than in the South Okanagan. Still to this day I have a smile on my face driving my 20 minutes to work each day along the lake! Fabulous wine and golf right through to the end of October - we look forward to your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penticton
Best Western Inn at Penticton
Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa
Coast Penticton Hotel
Coast Penticton Hotel
#7 of 44 in Penticton

Been to Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!