Lots of good things to say about this place. Reception staff were for the most part friendly and one was very informative about things to do around Penticton during Peachfest. Free coffee in the lobby was a treat each morning along with a copy of the Globe and Mail. Complimentary WiFi. Housekeeping staff were great. Groundskeepers were very helpful. Poolside staff were all great. The grounds were very well maintained. We ate once at the breakfast buffet -- pretty standard. Poolside drinks were good and the salsa that came with the chips was excellent. There's two Weber gas BBQs for guests to use; both are great quality.
The lake is in walking distance as is the inner tube canal ride which might be too long for kids 5 and under. Tim Hortons, fast food restaurant, organic produce store and a place called T-Bones that sells prepared meals (great for the BBQ) are all across the street.
We stayed in room 234; rooms 230 to 239 would all have great views of the pool. I would probably choose a ground level if I were stay there again -- for one, the groundlevel rooms had some lawn that extended the room's "balcony" and another reason would be our top room was extremely hot. Air conditioning took care of that, but it meant having the thing on all night. And that is probably my only complaint about our room -- I think I picked up a headcold due to being the one who slept nearest the air conditioner, which was maybe a foot away from the bed. I'm not sure why I haven't had that problem before -- maybe because other hot places I've stayed had sea breezes that allowed me to turn off the AC at night or maybe other rooms had the AC positioned differently.
Our friends stayed in one of the suites in the tower. Pretty nice with a bedroom and a hideaway in the common area. You have to bring your own dishsoap and dishwasher detergent and the quality of the knives were poor. Bring your own chopping board.
Overall, I can't see how anyone could be disappointed with the Ramada Penticton -- they do a great job in providing a relaxing environment that was top notch quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Hwy 97 in the sun-drenched Okanagan Valley, surrounded by captivating landscapes and enchanting lakes…the Penticton Ramada welcomes you! Our resort-style, pet-friendly property is easy to reach, yet our serene atmosphere feels worlds away. We are the ultimate getaway spot in British Columbia! Business, pleasure or both? The Penticton Ramada offers the perfect escape. In-room coffee makers and bar fridges, voicemail, cozy stone fireplaces, bubbling Jacuzzi baths, private patios and a fitness centre. Our delightful garden courtyard is complete with playground, seasonal outdoor pool, hot tub and BBQ area. We offer free Wi-Fi access as well as free, local daily newspapers available in the main lobby. We have on-site guest laundry facilities available and there is access to dry cleaning services nearby. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Stay with us….and create Okanagan memories that last a lifetime. The beautiful region around the Penticton Ramada offers endless opportunities for fun! There’s hiking and biking, paddle boarding, boating and beaches! In winter, there is amazing skiing and snow boarding too. Okanagan Lake offers great fishing and the town boasts unforgettable shopping and dining. We are located right next door to the Penticton Golf and Country Club, so you can ‘hit the links’! The family will love a day at Loco Landing Adventure Park where everyone can enjoy go-karts, bumper boats, arcades and mini golf. Spend a relaxing day exploring the nearby lake communities of Naramata, Oliver, Summerland and Peachland. Indulge in world-class wineries, restaurants and cafes tucked between lush orchards and vineyards. Our own Kettle Valley Station Pub serves breakfast, lunch and dinner on-site. Our poolside Blue Tail Bar and Grill is open daily during the summer season (weather permitting). There are many popular restaurants nearby: classic Greek dishes can be found at Theo’s; authentic Italian cuisine at Villa Rosa; or try the Vallarta Grill for a traditional, flavorful Mexican meal. Make a reservation at The Hooded Merganser for a special occasion. The Penticton Ramada boasts a wide range of meeting, conference, banquet and catering facilities, including some unique outdoor venues on our beautiful two-acre courtyard. We can handle a variety of requirements and our catering department is famous for their food and outstanding service. Come see why we are one of Penticton’s premier meeting places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Penticton
- Ramada Inn & Suites Penticton Hotel Penticton
- Ramada Inn Penticton
- Ramada Inn Hotel Penticton
- Ramada Penticton
- Courtyard Penticton
- Penticton Ramada