“insanely good”

Ranked #14 of 199 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TASTE THE REAL INDIAN FOOD. We’ll make each dish to your liking, from mild to extra spicy and everything in between.Please come and join us for lunch or dinner. We also provide Takeout and Delivery
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently moved to nanaimo from kelowna and miss my weekly trips to this restaurant. I've found nothing that compares here. although the decor is dated and minimal the food is fantastic ....all of it. the prices are reasonable and don't forget to take home a few veg samosas with you. I'm drooling now just thinking about it. Dinner for 2 for 30.00, and lunch specials even cheaper, can't beat it.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Restaurant was highly recommended & the food was excellent and fresh. . I would definitely go back. They were also busy with take out.

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

So glad we stopped here!! Best Indian food I've ever had!! No complaints! Samosa and naan bread were my favs! And I had the chicken curry which was also great!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

When you first walk into this uniformly poop brown colored restaurant your first impulse is to run back out. Whoever decided that every surface should be an icky dark brown and then went on to relieve this brown depressing monotony with at least $6 of Dollar Store hanging artwork should be sent to rake and cover latrines for a living so that they could be surrounded forever by their favorite color.

Fortunately if you can look past all that brown horror, the food is actually pretty good. The metal tray that the lunch special arrives on is more military issue than thali, but the portions are decent, the naan is fresh and tasty, and the butter chicken is even more tender and melt in your mouth than Da Tandoor in Kelowna... and that's really saying something. The sauce the chicken floats is doesn't quite measure up to the Indian food nirvana to the north as it seems to be too ketchupy while Da Tandoor is more mellow. It may also have helped that I ordered a 4 on the 5 spice scale and that is enough to burn your mouth, make your eyes tear and get your sinuses running. I would hate to see what a 5 is or if anyone has ever survived it. Next time I'll get a 2 and see if that slightly offputting vinegariness of the sauce is a result of the spice level. You absolutely can't go wrong for $7.95 on this lunch special as it may be the best deal in Penticton!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Beware early closing. Be there bfore 8PM. SOmetimes on vacation, the days run late and particularly on a SUMMER, Saturday evening a sligtly later closing would be helpful for tourists.

We went to this restaurant at 8:30PM on a summer Saturday night, havib=ng heard the food was great. We love good Indian food. Low and behold, the restaurant closed at 8PM. we wled in , saw the restaurant and read their GREAT menu. The proprieter was polite in explaining, however we were extremely disappointed and drove around until we found Villa Rosa, which was a great dining experience.