“BEST INDIAN FOOD EVER!!”

Lachi - Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 199 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TASTE THE REAL INDIAN FOOD. We’ll make each dish to your liking, from mild to extra spicy and everything in between.Please come and join us for lunch or dinner. We also provide Takeout and Delivery
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lachi is NOT to be missed! This is real Indian cooking at it's very best. The chefs are fabulous!

The chicken byrani is to DIE for as is the chicken vindaloo and butter chicken. There is also a mango chicken that should not be overlooked for it is also divine.

This is the best Indian food I have ever had, and I've had it in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto. We eat here one to three times per week.

I dare say...it may be the best food in all of Penticton!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Those of you who follow my reviews know that I work in an industry that allows me access to all the areas of a restaurant, including food storage, prep, and cooking areas. Out of professional courtesy, I do not disclose the dirty ones, just the clean ones. That being said, Lachi is spotless. The owner and staff are very friendly, even when they had to trip over us to get the meals cooked and served! They prepared a takeout lunch for us, and it was just as I ordered it. And quick. Please frequent this establishment if you enjoy Indian food, as the last Indian restaurant we had in Penticton was not so great, and as such, didn't last.

3  Thank livetoride2003
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Recommended to us by Nick at Riverside Motel. Very friendly service and helpful with food selection. Indian is one of our faves but this place exceeded our expectations. The chicken Tikka Masala, vegetable biryani, nan were incredible! I suspect every thing on the menue would please the discerning diner. Reasonably priced beer and wine with good selection of wines for an Indian restaurant. We will return! Young man from Nepal served us and he was excellent. The Chef has been there for a number of years. Nice lady that owns the place. By the time we were done our dinner we felt like regulars!

1  Thank HolidayGuy
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Tried three selections. Have extensive experience with fine Indian cuisine. Mushroom makahani seemed to be canned mushrooms. Sauce acceptable. Lamb rogan josh was fine. Sauce tasty. Coconut naan was to have cherries in it too, but there were none. I'll try other Indian restaurant next time. This one was highly recommended by an acquaintance, so perhaps other choices would have been better.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Very good traditional style Indian Food. We had the two can dine and it was more than enough for both my husband and I. Even though it was busy we got our food quickly and the Nan bread was amaxing, garlic and the mango laisse was also great. Thanks so much