“Best chinese in Penticton”
Review of Penticton Buffet

Penticton Buffet
Ranked #133 of 198 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have been many times for lunch and it is always busy. There have been many restaurants before them that have not made it at that location. I love the won ton soup. Flavourful and always hot. Dumplings , chow mein , wings and desserts run second. The buffet always looks fresh , clean and well stocked. Seniors get a dollar off but us young people pay $11.25 total for lunch. The staff is friendly and fast at clearing your plates. Best one in Penticton.

5  Thank Whatsfordinner1964

Reviewed 6 January 2012

If you are a 'buffet' diner, this place is great choice in our opinion. Being new residents to the area, we have no expectations going in, other the to not be worse then places we wouldn't go back to. They have many choices, the food is always refreshed (within refill times) and tastes as good/authentic as a buffet can. I must give extra koodos to the soups. Many cannot get a hot/sour soup or non oily wonton correct. This is a place that I would, without hesitation, take out of town guests to as there is a vide variety. While there may be a place or two in town for $3-$4 cheaper for a dinner buffet, I would spend the extra to go here.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I've dined at every Chinese buffet between the Shuswap and the border and I can assure you that Penticton Buffet beats them all hands down. Not only is it one of the least expensive lunch buffets at $9.95, but the place is spotless, the service is attentive and courteous, and the food is truly excellent. Everything on the buffet is constantly refreshed; the BBQ Pork and Ginger Beef are about the best I've had anywhere; the wontons in the soup are meaty and yummy; I couldn't stop eating the fried rice; and the fruit bar has fruit that's actually fresh: Likely the only buffet in the Okanagan to not serve sad, bruised, past-date fruit! There are also half a dozen selections of very tasty ice cream to end your meal! In order to prove that I'm not a shill, I'll pick two very tiny nits: The Singapore Noodles need a touch less turmeric, and the Potstickers could use a bit more salt or soy. Other than that, there is no buffet even in the Chinese Buffet heartland of Richmond, BC that serves better food and value in a super clean venue as Penticton Buffet. The dinner buffet is twice as large at $14.95 and features carved roast beef and turkey but I haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet... but I will, you can be sure of that!