“Simple but tasteful.”

The Bistro at Hillside Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bistro at Hillside Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riddle Road
Description: Head Chef Brent Pillion and his team at The Bistro serve exceptional, contemporary wine country cuisine complemented by breathtaking views of vineyard and Lake Okanagan. Located in the heart of Naramata Bench wine region, Hillside prides itself in proving its customers with the “Ultimate Naramata Experience”. Hillside’s well-equipped cellar, under the direction Winemaker Kathy Malone, produces top quality Okanagan Valley wines destined for many markets. Unique, small-lot, and terroir-driven are terms best used to describe our wines. Our focus is showcasing hand-crafted wine made exclusively from our estate vineyards and other Naramata grape growers.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My husband and I dropped in on this place because we needed lunch. I had no preconceptions, and had never been to a bistro before. It was a beautiful fall day, but there was a cool breeze so we found a table inside. Very tastefully decorated, lovely garden surroundings and courtyard for outside eating. The staff were knowledgeable and took the trouble to advise me on the special Quebec-produced Brie cheese that I had never tried before. The meal was simple and that's why its excellence shone through. I certainly would choose it again. I needed advice on what wine I should have with it. Again, the staff took the trouble to ask about my limited experiences with wine, and came up with an excellent suggestion that really worked well. I learned a lot in a short period of time, and would definitely return to this Bistro again. Thank you very much for your patience. A grateful customer and her new husband from Garden Bay.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We were here in 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed the location, food and service.

They have changed to a tapas type menu that is ridiculously high priced. Not realizing the change, we were seated but when we saw the menu we excused ourselves and left.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

When we arrived for dinner the impression was the essence and ambiance of an Austrian Heuriger. A perfect mixture of food and wine. Even though it is a large room, the high ceilings ensure that it is not noisy making conversation easy.

There were six of us and all of the meals were excellent. Presentation, taste and quality were all excellent. The wine suggestions of the waitress were perfect and we had a perfect meal. Portion sizes were good but not gigantic.

Definitely on our return list.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We went there after a long walk quite hungry for a late lunch. They offer outdoor seating which is very nice but also indoor in case it is too cold.
We decided to go for some tapas and shared them. Overall the choice was good and the tapas were quite freshly prepared.
We also liked that you could go for 3 glass wine tasting where you could choose each wine individually and you also got 3oz per wine which allows you to taste it better with food then the normal tasting sip.
Overall the restaurant is perfect for a lunch, it might be a bit light on the menu for nice long dinner.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

My father and I went to the Bistro for dinner and I can say without hesitation that the meal was fantastic. On top of this, the service was exemplary. I tried a number of the meals that were highlighted previously (clams, lamb ravioli) and they were delicious. As for cost, it was $145 for two including a bottle of wine. Cheap? No. But worth the price? Yes.