“Great food in a bright and cheery atmosphere!”
Review of Opus Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

Opus Cafe Bistro
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: European, Greek, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An eclectic mix of great food and a warm, bohemian atmosphere full of art, theatre, and live music.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I go to this place once every couple of months and I am NEVER disappointed. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, and the food is great! Will definitely go back again and again.

1  Thank lfjoliver
There are newer reviews for Opus Cafe Bistro

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Although the service was pleasing, I was disappointed in the food. The menu said Roast lamb Quesadilla with cheese and Onion. I asked if the lamb was commercial or prepared and cooked in the restaurant. I was told everything was done right in the restaurant except for the homemade tortillas that were locally made in the cannery. Looking forward to roast lamb I was disappointed when the quesadilla came with this commercial cardboard like pressed spiced lamb substitute. Not having the time to reorder, and since I was hungry I opted to take the meat out and eat the rest of the quesadilla. That was a mistake as the rest consisted of a dry tortilla shell with sparse cheese and little onion. I recommend instead of paying over $10.00 for a quesadilla. go to the outlet in the cannery that makes the tortillas and for $4.00 you get a great quesadilla filled with cheese, onion and peppers. The only reason I did not give this cafe a one star was the service was friendly.

1  Thank 460Lorraine
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

A nice gem in penticton. I went here cause I wanted to try something new, glad that I did! A nice cozy warm atmosphere. The food was really good. Fresh, hot and a delight to eat. They have loads of veggie options and non veggie options which is always nice.
The service was friendly a little slow but it was a busy night so totally understandable. I will defiantly go here again. It's a great place for kids!

1  Thank AnitaSarah
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We ate out several times while vacationing in Penticton, including several brew pubs! And Opus was my favorite restaurant! Quaint décor! Delicious gyros! And great value for the food.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Cutting back on food costs seems to be the modus operandi here. Hubby had lunch special - soup and a chicken stir fry with soup for 8.95 - sounded reasonable. Soup was ok. Stir fry arrived essentially consisting of overly spiced spaghetti and a bit of chicken with a few miniscule pieces of pale green leftover pre-cooked broccoli. My fried calamari was $9.00 for about 50 cents worth of squid - although it was at least cooked properly. Ridiculous. Spanakopita was better priced at $6 but there was not much spinach filling and filo was tough. Sign outside advertised draft beer for $2.99 - my glass came to $4.50.
Service was attentive and pleasant. Chintzy food portions and lackluster prep mean we won't be going back again.

1  Thank TwofromBC