“A warm, delightful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Okanagan Craft Distillery and Brewery Bike Tour
Ranked #22 of 84 things to do in Penticton
More attraction details
Owner description: Pioneers in Craft Distilling since 2005 in British Columbia, we produce fine European style spirits, fruit brandies and liqueurs. A true family business, we at Maple Leaf Spirits Inc offer award winning spirits and liqueurs in our boutique style tasting room in Penticton on the beautiful Naramata Bench. Master Distiller Jorg Engel uses sun-ripened locally grown fruit, grapes and wine. In March 2013 we won the Gold medal for our Aged Italian Prune spirit at the Destillata, International Competition for Spirits and Liqueurs in Vienna, Austria. In 2008 we won prestigious awards at the Destillata, including Spirit of the Year for our Skinny Pinot Noir spirit as well as Gold Medals for Maple Liqueur. Please visit us for a truly unique experience!
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A warm, delightful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This tasting experience was a delight. Anette, owner with husband Jorge, indicated that her goal was that people from all over might take their spirits home and wherever they open a bottle of Maple Leaf Spirits and enjoy them, that the customer would enjoy the smells and flavours of the Okanagan.

I tasted the Kirsch, Williams Pear, Aged Italian Prune brandies, Quince liqueur, and Gewurztraminer and PInot Noir grappa style "skinnies." All were delightful, particularly the surprising and novel Quince liqueur. These are artisinal products of the highest quality made from carefully sourced ingredients.

Discussion their spirits, Anette was generous with time and information, friendly and smiling. I imagine that many people open a bottle of their spirits, even long after having purchased it, and linger in the memory of aromatic Okanagan summers filled with cherries, pears, and other fruit, but almost equally much remember a warm, friendly, and open tasting experience.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank localokanagan

Langley City, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique artisan distillery is a must-do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I brought a group of 15 to this unique artisan distillery for a tour & tasting. Everyone loved not only the outstanding products but the warm hospitality. The only difficulty I had was deciding what to purchase!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DFM778
Penticton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Spirits with spirit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Wonderful enthusiasm for a very unique and aromatic product. Love the focus on local products and the interest for a greener environmental footprint. Proprietors were so warm and welcoming even though they had other plans for the evening. A definite must try and retry!

Visited October 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Never Judge Book by Its Cover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

When I first arrived at Maple Leaf Spirits after making an appointment for a tasting, I had a few reservations as to the quality of the spirits due to the location of the distillery. Shame on me for starting to judge by looks alone. I was welcomed by the owners warmly and wholeheartedly and given a tour of their small, but significant tasting room. Immaculate and pristine with the smell of distilling spirits. Though most may not appreciate the scent, it proves that this couple is working hard to produce quality spirits in the Okanagan. I had a chance to try each of their spirits, but I only tasted 4 due to it only being 2 in the afternoon. I had the poire williams first, which was excellent and had this amazing feel to it. The next was an oak aged prune spirit. Truly a refined taste that left a lingering desire for a bit more. A cherry liqueur was next and proved wonderfully and perfectly sweet. I wanted a bottle just for the potential use on desserts both hot and cold. The last was there unique Maple Syrup spirit. I had personally never heard of such a spirit prior to this and was eager to taste it after the previous samples. It exceeded my expectations. At first a the spirit seemed simple with more of a fruity taste, but then the maple syrup flavor really started to take form and it pleasantly lingered long after I left the distillery. Needless to say, I bought a few spirits to take back home with me. I was even told that they had recently received their license to be able to sell the spirits in retail liqueur stores. I hope they may be able to ship globally someday. Thus, I wholly recommend visiting this place if you are ever in the Okanagan region, you will not be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Sherwood Park, Canada
“A lovely way to spend part of an afternoon...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

We had such a good time! We were warmly greeted by the hostess and taken inside where we were shown and told all about the processing of the spirits. It was very interesting to learn. Next we were taken over to the "sampling" area and were told about each one as we tried them. The spirits have a wonderful aroma and were smooth on the palate.... it is no wonder why some have won such prestigious awards! We have thoroughly enjoyed the bottles we have brought home and would highly recommend stopping in to this beautiful little venue.

Visited July 2012