“Great Food, Great Price and an Amazing View..”
Review of Bufflehead Pasta & Tapas Room - CLOSED

Bufflehead Pasta & Tapas Room
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Usually, eating within a hotel is not something we do often, but what a great surprise. Bufflehead is located inside the Lakeshore Resort in Penticton. They have a wonderful inside restaurant with floor to ceiling doors/windows that open up to a perfect patio deck over looking Okananagon Lake.
The food was upscale with modest pricing. For appy's we had the oysters in the half shell with an amazing sauce, Escargot...the ceasar sald totally authentic. Main courses included, Macaroni cheese ..soo creamy and smooth, Veal in a white wine mushroom sauce, lobster and prawn pasta in alfredo sauce, gnocci in brown butter, to die for...and the portions were huge...took two take out containers home. Well worth the visit....We will definetly go back!

There are newer reviews for Bufflehead Pasta & Tapas Room

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were there with a group of 12 and it was fantastic! We sat inside as it was a little too windy on the outside patio --it was still a gorgeous view and beautiful atmosphere. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. We started with some tapas that we shared as a group ( small pizzas , and chicken wings ) very yummy. For the main course, I had Curried chicken linguine and my husband had the steak and prawns -- both excellent! will definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Out for a couple of appies. The food quality was average but what capped off the night was waiting for a beer for ten minutes we finished all our meals and we could have left then but the beer came. So I drank that sharing it with my wife. I asked for the bill at the time of receiving the beer. I still had to wait another 10 minutes. Not that I was in a rush but as a former server I do have high expectations. I did fill out the comment card and put down my email we will see if they respond. There is other option close by to choose. I hope their servers are more attentive. Ps the restaurant was less than half full.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

The first night I went there they were having a private party and so was not allowed in. Since I was staying at the hotel I gave it another try the next night. Food was pretty good and the bartender made me a mojito which was yummy. I had my order to go since my elderly mother was up in the room. Service was great and the food was still hot when I got it too the room. A good experience after a rough start.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

We went here for a drink and something to eat as the Barking Parrot was closed. All three ladies on the floor welcomed us as soon as we came in, which was very nice. It is a beautiful little spot with a gorgeous view. My meal? Mediocre would be giving it too much credit. I had the walnut ravoili - it was undercooked and came with a white sauce that had no flavour whatsoever, and the garlic bread was burnt black. It was like a big bowl of dough! Our waitress was very inexperienced, but I will not complain about that, as everyone has to start somewhere. I would give it another shot however, as that atmosphere was very classy yet welcoming at the same time, perhaps the cook was just having an off day.