“worst stay”

Holiday House Motel
Holiday House Motel
Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed 15 August 2012

august 14/12 my worst stay when i found hair on the pillows dirty sheets stains on mattresses patched holes they hang there sheets and towels on a clothesline out dated Bathroom wires running on the outside of the walls towel rack you would use at home not in Hotel and not fastened to the wall Went to go and get clean sheets and pillow cases the guy at desk told he would change them tomorrow no i said i want clean sheets now not tomorrow or will leave I will never stay at this Hotel stay away from this dive. i found he did not understand what said

Room Tip: check reviews before staying
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank joy109

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed at Holiday House for 2 nights July 30. Dusty dirty rooms, NO hot water. The sign on the motel claims 'best rate available' but it was the most expensive. Rude staff who can't understand a thing you're trying to say. Avoid this Motel, Super 8 would have been miles above.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank 007Diva
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I go to Penticton each year. I've stayed here around 2 or 3 times. The place wasn't 'sparkling clean', and the pots/pans needed to be replaced, but the owner was VERY friendly. He even asked us to stay another week absolutely FREE! It's a great location right near skaha
lake. Also, the price we payed was great! Overall, this place was pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2010
3  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Very in need of updating. Kitchenette we stayed in had a dirty stove top, dishes had dried food on them, and the coffee maker was disgusting. Toilet leaked if not flushed right. Shower had mould in it. Carpet had crumbs and sand on it. We did check for bedbugs and found none in either of the two beds. That, we were grateful for! The prices were outrages for any room due to it being Ironman weekend. We paid three times as much as what it would have cost any other weekend and the owner laughed at how there was nothing we could do about it. Don’t stay here. After talking to numerous other competitors, there were plenty of other places that were cleaner and cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank mckedd
Reviewed 25 June 2009

When we walked into our room, I pulled the cord on the ceiling fan to turn on the light and the cord fell off. We couldnt get the sink in the 'kitchen' to stop dripping, the air conditioner had seen better days and only put out warm air. The children had a separate room with a bunk bed that my youngest couldnt sleep on because the top mattress was too old and when they both lay on the bottom one, it sunk. It had no bedding and when I asked for blankets, the owner handed me some and I had to make up the beds myself.
The room had a bad odor that the owner said was cleaner...hmmm
The beds, kitchen area, table and chairs were all about 30 years old and repainted again and again, the carpet was grubby and stained.
The blinds were all different and dirty and they didnt close all the way and the curtains were falling off the wall.
When I turned on the shower in the morning, I got sprayed in the face because the duct tape around the shower head was coming off.
When I opened the window in the kids room, there was a laundry line with all the blankets and sheets on it, I was under the impression that public bedding needed to be thoroughly sanitized and dried in a hot dryer.
This motel may be good value if you need it by the hour...UGH...or by the month...but this is NOT somewhere I would even send someone I didnt like!
We were booked in for two nights, I was on the phone to the Best Western at 1:30 in the morning trying to get a room...we left first thing in the morning!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank 2cruise44
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Was not as described in brochure. Property was run down and very old. Owner/Manager was very unfriendly. Room was filthy, also found what looked like an old used condom on the floor. Stay away if you have kids. also on on very busy road!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HOHOHOT55
Reviewed 11 July 2008

The management was rude - The room was horrid, and had a smell of mold and urine. Once I saw the room, the manger would not give me the money back and charged through 3 days on my card, even though I left the moment I saw the room.

I have never been in such a horrid hotel. Never ever again!!!
Stay away.