“Best hospiatility and amazing owners!!”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Flamingo Motel
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here July 9th to the 18th 2011 and had the best service ever. The room was immaculate and the pool was clean and beautiful. The owners Tom and Chris take pride in their establishment and are always available to you. I would highly recommend staying here for a vacation or business travel.

Room Tip: The overall view is amazing. We stayed on the 2nd floor to get an even better view! it was not noisy...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marsbar56
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Motel

Reviewed 17 July 2009

i found the staff to be helpfull and delightfull for a motel this one was really nice i felt at home and safe.
the rooms were super clean and there were no smells that most motels have the towels were fresh and clean and i had a great time here i surely would recomend this place and for 120 bucks i got a bang for my dollars

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2008

I had a reservation for a soccer tournament on the Long Weekend.
I injured my back on Wednesday and as a result could not even sit in a vehicle never mind participate in a soccer tourney.
I phoned to cancel the reservation on Thursday (when I found out where the team had made the reservation).
They told me company policy was 7 days notice of cancellation.
I was not injured 7 days ago - it was yesterday.
This is a load of BS and I have never heard of such nonsense.
Do not stay a place with an assinine policy like this.This is a long weekend where this room could easily be rented out. Sounds like thievery and double dipping.

Stayed: October 2008
7  Thank ChuckMPrinceGeorge
Reviewed 5 July 2008

So me & some friends decided to goto Penticton for the July long weekend, and weren't really prepared as far as directions go, I believe we took the Kokihalla Highway and were pretty much lost half the way, we called up the motel about 10 times too many and they were glad to help us with directions and such. My advice: GET A MAP!!

Before leaving we had called the tollfree number they have and booked 2 rooms for our arrival. Upon our arrival, check in was a breeze and we were setup in no time. They have a real sweet swimming pool and a BBQ'ing area to be used for the guests. WIFI internet was available as well as cable and AIRRRRRRRRR CONDITIONING YESSSS!!!

July long weekend was similar in temperature to Mexico weather, 35-40degrees and their air conditioning helped out quite a bit when u need a cool off period.

There were more expensive hotels that were more elegant and such, but for what we paid, and the service I got, I definitely WILL recommend this place to friends and family. It's a family run operation and you will be treated with dignity and respect. Very approachable characters the people that run this place.

They also told us about places to go and things to do in the area, such as Osoyoos lake!! wow, and the channel!! Do not miss these out.

I'd definitely revisit!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2007

We Stayed at the Flamingo August 5th and 6th.
The service was not incredible, nor was it horrendous. Our room was clean enough, we didn't love that the air conditioner was directly besdie the bed, blowing cold air in our faces.

We wouldn't stay here again, but next time we will be smart enough to book 1 or 2 months in advance!

If you have the option - book the Crown Motel, it's directly on the lake and looks super clean!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2007

we called in asking about rooms, and were 1) told that we could book and pay for one night, and go from there and 2) that if we did not make a decision in the next 10 minutes there would be no more rooms. needless to say we took the one night, stating that if we were to stay longer it would be for 3-5 nights.

when we arrived at the hotel, we were charged for the one night, and then for another five,because it was "in the computer" and could not be changed. We asked to talk to the girl that had booked us over the telephone, but she was apparently 'not around'. we argued over the booking but eventually decided to simply stay the five nights to avoid any conflict.

On our checkout morning, we were told two different checkout times by both the owners. They tried to charge us for a DVD player we did not use. The son had let us borrow one the night before "free of charge", but the next morning we were hassled to pay for it when it was not even used. the price was nothing, but i did not feel i should have to pay for something on principle when i had been told something different, and had already had to pay over 600 dollars with hassle. The son was called out to talk about it, where I was yelled at for being cheap, and would not listen to anything I had to say, So, i payed them and ran out.

We were a group of three girls, all 19, and we all feel taken advantage of due to our age, but i doubt that age would stop scamming like that. the only think I really regret is having to leave my credit card number. I WILL be checking my statement over wit a fine-tooth comb.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank fantaisia
Reviewed 25 May 2007

Do not book here!!! I booked 3 rooms for a tournament......and then cancelled 2 rooms 9 days before showing up. Their policy is 7 day cancellation notice.

When I got the bill I was charged for 3 rooms. Tried to explain the situation and they were very rude. I only signed for $313 on my visa...yet $500 was charged!!!!

When I booked the room it was supposed to have a queen/double and hide a bed. It was missing the double bed. In the three days I stayed
there..we recieved no fresh towels...nothing was cleaned.

Very bad service...never going back!!! Take warning!!!

Stayed: May 2007
6  Thank 1234calgary
PentictonFlamingo, Manager at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2008

He booked 6 rooms for his team. Teammates for 3 rooms showed up and 1 room was for this customer. Teammates for 2 rooms never showed up. During this May long weekend we were fully booked and held rooms for this customer who never called in to cancel any rooms. They arrived late at night so we did not even have the chance to rebook the rooms. This customer got charged 1 night for the 2 rooms which he reserved.

Room service was provided!