“Great Burgers!”

Barley Mill Brew Pub & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Barley Mill Brew Pub & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 198 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Families Welcome upstairs in our Family Sports Bistro. Warm Pub Atmosphere since 1982! Large Patio Seating, Big Screen TV's, Great Service & Tradtional Pub Fare. Central Penticton Location is close to Skaha Beach! Penticton's only Brew Pub featuring Hand Crafted Chemical Free Beer! A Tourist Destination and Local Favourite!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is good. Portions are a bit large, and of course you don't have to eat it all, but why serve that much and have it thrown away. Service was fine. Atmosphere is good. Outside area can be a bit noisy in the summer with the traffic. I will go back next time I'm in Penticton.

1  Thank TrishPannell

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The cook should wash his hands after being outside smoking and not take food off of the customers food waiting to be served to the customer! My food was burnt including the soup. I will not go back there until it changes!

3  Thank Takguitar
Kori_Iceton, Manager at Barley Mill Brew Pub & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

You review is troublesome to say the least. We do have a handwashing station located in the kitchen, at the start of our service line. It is our practice that all staff members wash their hands prior to getting on line. The hand washing station is not visible from the dining room, however I do aspure you that we practice food safety. This would be the case with regards to eating off guest plates. On occassion we have orders that are completed incorrectly (no tomatos in a wrap) - in this case we remake the order and the staff are permitted to eat the incorrect order. I encourage you to contact me directly, as I would be interested to learn the details of your visit. kori@barleymillpub.com. Many thanks.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We wanted to go to a pub when we were in the area, and had been pointed to go here as a good spot. The food was pretty good, if a little greasy (average pub food overall). They had a good selection of beers and other drinks. However, the service was terrible. We went upstairs to the restaurant because the lounge was busy, and ended up seating ourselves (not usually a problem but the staff walked by and ignored us as we looked around aimlessly wondering what to do). The wait staff took forever to come and set us up so we decided to head back to the lounge area since we were already there - the service was better here but only by a little. Food still took forever and the server was nowhere to be found at times. I wouldn't go back nor recommend this restaurant unless you have a couple hours to kill and really wanted some average pub food.

Thank you for contacting us. Your feedback allows us to continue improving. We do host many standard pub fare items. In the past few years we have also added some healthier options! Our flatbreads have been well received, as well as our Blackend Chicken Citrus Salad. We host a seasonal menu as well which we included a Steak and Beet Root Salad. We try to cater to both the Beer & Wing croud as well as the Health concious guests that like to frequent our Pub as well. I apologize for the lack of service that you received. I brought your comments up at our Managers meeting this past week. We have a secret shopper program that we initiate spontaneously through out the year. For the month of May we are re launching the program to ensure guests are greeting promptly upon arrival, and continue to receive great service during their visit. Please feel free to touch base directly any time. kori@barleymillpub.com

Reviewed 28 February 2014

If your truly want a real hamburger with the best French fries it is the only place to enjoy a burger.

Thanks Deanna !! We hand make our 8oz. Beef Patties!!
Thursdays we offer a 4oz. Lone Ranger Burger for $3 each after 3 pm!
Thanks for letting us know!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I chose Barley Mill for lunch with a friend because it was close by, and meals in the past were decent. Service was very good, but the food has definitely gone down hill. My friend ordered the chicken strips, and no one can really mess that up, so it was okay. I had the steak sandwich. The steak had a nice sear on it, but even the first cut into it showed how raw it was! I felt the inside of the steak to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and sure enough, the steak was cold in the middle - and I asked for it to be medium! The server wasn't anywhere within sight, so I ate my salad and garlic bread before I could flag her down. She was shocked when I turned my steak to show her the raw middle with only one piece cut from it. She returned it to the kitchen, after I expressed how unacceptable the meal was. I didn't even want another steak, but I didn't want to make a scene in front of my friend. She returned later with a new steak, and she said the chef felt so bad she made me a new steak - that would be the only reasonable option even though only one piece was missing! The new steak was well done and tough so I couldn't eat it after two bites. My dog got a nice treat when I got home. Any good chef knows how to check a steak for doneness, and serving a raw steak is completely unacceptable! I won't be going back.

Those who love steak know how important the perfect doneness is. I apologize that your steak dinner was not acceptable during your experience with us. We hope that you will visit us again. Mondays we have a Steak & Beer Special for $11.99. This is a regular night for many of our guests. I welcome your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at kori@barleymillpub.com. Many thanks.