“First dinner out in Penticton”
Review of Spiro's Cubby Hole

Spiro's Cubby Hole
Ranked #20 of 200 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was treated to dinner here when visiting with friends in the area. The restaurant is cozy with a friendly atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and brought bread & water right away while we decided on a wine & appetizers.
Food arrived in a reasonable amount of time and was very delicious.
I got a sense that it's well attended by locals which gives it a homey kind of feeling.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is my second visit, this time took my Mom and Dad out for dinner ('twas my Dad's 84th birthday...)
Everyone enjoyed their meals, which were chicken souvlaki, scallops, and greek-style ribs. Everyone was AMAZED by the most excellent "garlic pita" - as the pita was melt in your mouth fluffy, and the herb coating was simultaneously sweet and savory. (try to say that five times really fast...). The Greek rice was EXCEPTIONAL, as were the Greek roast potatoes. And the Greek Ribs can only be described as "perfect". Have to give this modest and unassuming little restaurant five stars... :-)

2  Thank mm__j__ww
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First time here and found the atmosphere delightful and the food delicious. The lamb shoulder was one of the best I have had. The servers were running like mad the night we were there. A couple large groups came in and the servers were a bit overwhelmed. They felt that they had not given us the attention we deserved so we were given free desserts. Kudos

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Been a few months since I have been in Penticton.... Looked forward to revisiting Spiro's Cubby Hole Restaurant... And I can only say WOW to the food and the new atmosphere.. Just fantastic.
If your visiting the south Okanagan valley and the city of Penticton make sure you put this eatery on your list .... Keep up the fantastic work.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We are back!!!! The first stop spiros. As we walk in we are welcomed back by Victoria, she somehow remembered us from last year (we participated in the challenge ).
Seated in this tiny but completely packed little gem we scour the menu!!!! And there it is chicken a la grec. Victoria arrives at our table and to my husbands delight she remembers us and asks how we did in the race, completely swamped with tables and like a professional seems calm cool and collected. We order !!!! The food arrives there she is what I have thought of for almost a year now ..... Chicken a la grec!!!!!! We enjoy our meal while we watch Victoria zoooom from table to table providing hilarity and a calmness where I would be crying!!!
Then a beautiful blonde appears from her table jumps behind the bar, makes drinks. Clears tables, tops up our water and takes away our dishes
We ask who are you she says I'm Carmen, I'm just helping Victoria ! She then clears a few more tables and returns to hers to join her friends!!! Only at the cubby hole !!!my husband says!!! Progress to the end if our dining experience where Victoria tells us a hilarious story of her son and his lawn mower. We laughed so hard. She then says when u come back to carb load for your race call us and hold a table presents us with the business and a hug for my husband which I'm sure he wanted more then I wanted that chicken dish!!!!! We loved our visit with you Victoria and thank you for your lovely service and we will be back to carb load !!!!!!!