“Losing ground”

Ranked #1 of 236 Restaurants in Prince George
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: No Minors Allowed
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My partner's burger was a little bit better than average but my potato bacon soup was lacking. Not very often i have to add salt for taste. Servers were nice but we had to wait for cutlery and when it did cone she brought just one set for the both of us. Their servings could never be called generous but they seem to be shrinking still. We find ourselves going less and less now as we find it just lacking overall now. They do tend to make most of their own. Also there is some inconsistency in how much you get depending on who is dishing it out. Also they don't seem too concerned about if they accidentally serve you gluten when you have specified otherwise. The atmosphere is kind of new age grunge and so caters to the younger people and the artsy types which is good. Its trendy but needs a little work so I am not saying to avoid this place but rather just let them know how they can improve. Also it would be nice if they had softer seating.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Thanks in advance for welcoming me home to PG. At long last I'll be back for my avo blt with cheddar on sourdough, served up with a glass of my favourite white. I can taste it now. See you Tuesday!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had the lunch feature today, Smoked chicken sandwich. Slow smoked chicken, applewood cheddar, double smoked bacon, apple slaw and mixed greens on the side. It was off the hook good! It can get slammed busy but if you persevere there is some really great food to be had.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

i have gone to this restaurant many times and have taken a lot of my out of town friends here. This morning i went there for brunch and man oh man i don't think i will be returning anytime soon. The service was horrible. Why where the waitress rushing to seat customers but not willing to serve them? They prepared my food wrong, i had to beg for coffee, and no cutlery was to be found. This type of service is not fit for me to spend my hard earned money at. I love supporting local business but this was just wrong. Don't rush to seat people and give them bills if your not willing to service them. This is not brain science people.

1  Thank littleberetgirl
GarrettF, Public Relations Manager at Nancy O's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Hi littleberetgirl,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at our Restaurant.
Even before your review we were aware of the situation from the weekend and have been working on making sure it doesn't happen again.
Our restaurant has never been hit with such a busy brunch rush, the servers did the best they could to keep up, but obviously, were stretched beyond their capability.
So, our sincere apologies for the lack of service, and again, we will be working on making sure this situation never happens again.
We hope you'll visit us again sometime soon but understand if your hesitant

regards
GarrettF
Operations Manager
Nancy O's Restaurant

Reviewed 18 September 2013

What can I say about Nancy O's except it was a fantastic clubhouse? Great atmosphere, good location and friendly staff