“Good night's stay”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Peace Country
“Good night's stay”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Decent price, clean and comfortable. Particularly have to comment on the friendly front desk girl who immediately gave me the extra pillow I always ask for. Can park right in front of room.
As the highway is 'divided' it is not accessible via left turn for outgoing traffic....so as soon as you see it, you need take the "off" ramp in the right and then do a U turn using the overpass and it works; you'll be right there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Nanaimo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Staff were very helpful and friendly, rooms were clean and quiet, and cost was very affordable. I was caught unable to find a room at my usual hotels and gave this place a try, and I was very satisfied with it! Lots of parking, clean and comfortable, has all the amenities, nice friendly staff, and a very decent place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the motel are very quiet and have lots of parking.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stop, easily accessable from Hwy97 with a big moving truck. Has plenty of lower lot parking for big tucks and moving trucks. Clean rooms, pet friendly. I wod encourage people to stop here, I will be staying here again when Intravel through B.C.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Bikepaddlewalk
British Columbia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This place is newly renovated and very clean. They have laundry facilities, snacks and a restaurant. The rooms are great - I've had a single with a kitchenette - it was convenient, modern and CLEAN! I've stayed in a double room as well and they are great too. The walls are thick so you can't really hear your neighbours which is awesome! The beds are comfortable. The air conditioner is not noisy at all! My friend and I really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The overall experience at Carmel was great, room was immaculately clean, service from the staff was exceptional. The $300 deposit was not worthy of the room however, the actual price of the room itself wasnt too bad. I would not stay here again only for the fact that the bed was so hard I may as well have slept outside on the sidewalk.

• Stayed February 2013
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I stayed at Carmel on Dec 19th 2012. The room, although small with 1 Queen bed, was very very clean, had a little stove, fridge and microwave and was very comfortable. My neighbours unfortunately liked to party and the front desk responded to my 2:00 am call quickly and tried several times to reduce the noise. I didn't mention anything to the front desk upon departure, but upon reviewing my visa, the motel had credited back the room cost - full amount. When I called the motel to find out why there was a credit, they knew exactly what had occured and apologized several times for the noise.

I will definately go back. Good value, nice rooms and great people operating this motel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CindyA2009
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Carmel this past week and was very happy! This was my first visit to Prince George and on the drive to the hotel I was getting a little concerned. Luckily all my concerns vanished when I checked in. The front desk staff was consistently helpful, even providing plastic cutlery so I could have breakfast in my room. My room was very clean, the queen sized bed was comfy and I loved having the little kitchenette.

Although a travelling companion in a neighbouring room found the hotel had thin walls and it was noisy, I personally thought it was rather quiet for being right off the highway. Check in and out was quick and easy as well.

The nearby Carmel restaurant was a bust though, overpriced and the food was pretty bad. Best off to walk a bit further down the road to Than Vu and get some tasty Vietnamese food. Also it was a $8 cab ride to get to a complex with Superstore/Tim Hortons/Liquor Store/Steakhouse so that didn't break the bank.

Should I ever have reason to return to Prince George, I think the Carmel will be top of my list for places to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business