“Comfortable and quiet”
Review of Carmel Inn

Carmel Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here twice 3 weeks apart, the second time we didn't have a reservation but were happy they had an opening for us. The beds are comfortable, rooms are large enough and spotless. TV and wireless worked perfectly. You can't beat the price. The desk staff was cheerful and thanked us for coming back, and didn't flinch when I filled a baggie with ice for my sprained ankle as we left in the morning. Darker curtains might be nice but we were so tired we fell right asleep any ways.
It is a little tricky to access the lot if you are outbound on the highway but one quick u-turn and you are there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We chose this motel because of the great reviews on trip advisor, and weren't disappointed. Our pet room at the back of the motel was quiet, spotless, the beds were comfortable and there was a strong wireless signal. Had breakfast at the adjacent restaurant which was plentiful and tasty, with lightning fast service. The best thing about this motel is the staff - they couldn't be nicer, more helpful or more accommodating. And the dogs loved the milk bones!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've stayed at the carmel a number of times while in PG on business. The rates are quite reasonable, and the rooms are decent. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean.

That being said, the rooms aren't huge. The wifi quality is nothing to write home about, and the kitchenette is a bit lackluster.

If you're on a budget, this is a good choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Atra V
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I travelled to Prince George on business, and on a recommendation, booked at the Carmel Motor Inn. Reception was very friendly, they had accommodated my request for a room on the back side of the motel, away from the highway. Good, clean room, updated bathroom and furnishings. Comfortable bed, wireless was free and worked easily. Carmel Motel has an adjacent restaurant, which I ate dinner and breakfast at - both meals very good and well priced, with great service. Bonus - when you check in, you get a 10% discount coupon for the restaurant. All in all, well worth the $75 room fee.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel, away from the highway, are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Randomly decided to take a trip to Prince George, and found this gem on tripadvisor.ca. Rates were quite reasonable ($75 per night), and the staff was great! Having really no idea what I was getting into, the front desk clerk took 5 or 10 minutes and went over a local map with me, and even highlighted areas of town which were not "tourist friendly". I'd heard lots about a lingering smell in PG due to the mills etc, however hardly noticed it during my stay.

The room (#203) seemed quite modern, 32" LCD TV and a kitchenette. The bed was quite firm, however I personally prefer this anyway. I'd also like to tip my hat to the chambermaids as the room was spotless.

Ate a couple meals at the adjacent restaurant, and found the food to be average although service was quite good. $11.99 lunch buffet Monday-Friday, prime rib buffet Friday and Saturday nights (the parking lot was overflowing so obviously quite popular with the locals), plus a Sunday brunch.

Great location just off Hwy 97, and I hardly even noticed any road noise and I was in a room closer to the road than most.

My only real knock on the place is that the Esso station they advertise on their website seems to charge 5 cents per liter more for gas then anywhere else in town.

All in all I had a great experience, and would not hesitate to recommend the Carmel Motor Inn to anyone traveling to Prince George!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved the Carmel Motel Inn! My family had a wonderful time staying here. It has the best most friendly courteous staff I've ever met. Very impressive :-) The rooms were so clean, will definitely be staying there again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

this is the place to stay. The rooms are immaculate! Spotless! The rooms are well equipped, great wifi, the front desk is very helpful and efficient. The beds were very comfortable. We had a kitchenette which had a microwave fridge and hot plate . Great security, felt very safe. They are also pet friendly so now I know where to stay when I bring my dog. We will definitely stay again and would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family