“Served our purpose” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Northridge, CA
“Served our purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here with the wife while on a vacation in British Columbia. Reasonably located in the city center. nice young girl who tried her best to be helpful, not super knowledgeable about restaurants for dinner in the local area. Had dinner in a very nice restaurant, but perhaps a better one, if the girl had been slightly more familiar with the restaurants in the general area.
The other place I will fault this hotel was it wasn't as clean and fresh as one would hope for these prices. The hotel was rather worn and dirty in certain areas both inside the room and outside the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul R, General Manager at Riviera City Centre Inn, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear bcreff

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property.

You will be happy to note that since your visit we have addressed your thoughts about the restaurants in Prince George.

We now have a restaurant guide that has been produced by our local newspaper which is very informative and also we have in our lobby a kiosk provided by Tourism Prince George which highlights many things such as tourist attractions and locale to walks - flight times etc etc and restaurants of many types as well.

I very much look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
WEST KELOWNA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was travelling to Prince George on business but also en route to my vacation destination. I called the front desk when reserving and explained my needs, they were very accommodating in assisting me including providing a different room at a minimal increase of room rate with my BCAA discount. The room was clean with aging carpet rippled at the edges, however I felt the beds were clean with white linen, duvets and comfortable. I was travelling with a small pet as well, pet friendly!
The suite had two bedrooms, a living room and TV in each room with full bath.
The motel doors face a small grassy central area with picnic table. There is a restaurant attached and Tim Horton's across the street and a gas station behind.
The TV has the sleep timer which you don't see much anymore.
I found the hotel easy to find and the staff very friendly and courteous - very thankful for their assistance so I could complete my business all in one place then on to my vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul R, General Manager at Riviera City Centre Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Heather S.

Your comments are very valuable to us and thank you for them.

You will be happy to know that our property will be under going some upgrades over the next few months with improvements to the façade of the building - parking lot - and guest rooms.

I very much look forward to serving you and your family again in the near future.

Hope, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed here three times. Once before it became an EconoLodge. Our last stay my husband and I brought our dogs too. The room we were given was clean and comfortable with lots of room for the two of us and two dogs. The desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. They even had a goodie pack made up for the dogs. Nice thought! Location is not great, though it was quiet, but right on Victoria so easy if you're using Hwy 16.
Certainly would recommend this motel to anyone passing through who needs a nice, clean and quiet place for the night. Being pet friendly is a nice bonus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sdschon

Myself and the cheerful staff of the Econo Lodge look forward to serving you again in the future

AIRDRIE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We came to Prince George for a friends wedding and after reading travel advisor reviews this was not our first choice but the bride had booked a block of rooms here so reluctantly we called and booked a room and because I'm 6'8" tall and 340 pounds and my wife being a big girl we insisted on a room with a king size bed we were politely informed by the desk staff that they consider that a premium room so would be an extra charge for that ( that does annoy me ) but it's no surprise been told that before when traveling . Upon our arrival here we had a bit of trouble finding the lobby but eventually located it and went in. We were greeted by a very friendly upbeat cheerful young lady who seemed genuinely happy to be there and a very clean building and parking lot and the building looked well maintained. We checked in and went to check our room, my wife is very picky about cleanliness so she gave the room a very thorough look and gave it a clean rating. The bed and furniture all looked modern and clean including the new flat screen tv with both remotes 1 for cable box and 1 original for tv. And thank you for that as that way customers can access the sleep timer for the tv something I rarely see in some of the more expensive hotel chains. The bed was not to hard and not to soft with pillows that seemed just perfect and provided a great nights sleep. Also note the shower although the tub was small the shower head was plumbed very high so a guy like me did not have to crouch in the shower to get wet. This hotel seemed very user friendly with lots of services nearby an inside. Staff were exceptional my only real complaint with the room was what ever the cleaner was they were using was very strong smelling and we had to leave the door open for a bit too air it out to come in but it did ease off. Over all this hotel was good value and location and easy to find the services included and nearby are very handy I would stay here again and likely will again soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dudelee
Thank you for you comments.

I look forward to serving you in the future
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Thank you Paul for taking pride in your job. The clean up and presentation of the hotel you are running is fantastic. The flowers that were planted are beautiful and look so much better then dead cedar trees. Thank you from your local business friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Paul R, General Manager at Riviera City Centre Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Brielle

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Planting a few flowers goes a long way to making anywhere a more cheery place to work - visit or even to please a neighboring business.

Glad to be your neighbor.

Paul Robison
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place is located in the center of it all. OK, that means very little -- there's no "all" in PG. But you can stay at more expensive places nearby and I'm not convinced you'll get anything more for it. The service is great--people go out of their way here which I really appreciated. It's in a great location, ie, a minute walk to the Tim Horton's. Beyond that, well, it's in PG, and I assume you have to be in PG. Otherwise, you wouldn't be staying at ANY hotel and wouldn't be reading this. And that, I think, says it all about my opinion of the place. So sure, this hotel is fine. Nothing exciting--just like the town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Steven D
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate you staying at the EconoLodge City Centre.

I thrilled that you consider the property to be friendly and we will go that extra step to ensure your stay is a positive on.

Next time you are in Prince George, drop down to our fantastic Tourism Office located on 1st Ave. they will ensure you hit all of the tourism spots Pr George has to offer and we would love the opportunity to hosting you and your family for an additional nights stay.

I look forward to seeing you in the future

Paul Robison
Terrace, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on an emergency trip when my mother-in-law passed away. The staff were very compassionate and they also have a very reasonable "hospital rate". The manager even sent a platter of food for us so we wouldn't have to worry about going out to eat. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Thank you Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: Family suite had two bedrooms and a nice big living room area.