“a nightmare....I will never stay here again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Connaught Motor Inn
Connaught Motor Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Smithers, Canada
“a nightmare....I will never stay here again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Don't even consider staying here unless you're okay with slumming it. I felt completely unsafe..I put a chair up against the door & left the bathroom light on in case I had to jump up in the night (sketchy people hanging around out back didn't help). I put a towel over the pillow before I'd use it and definitely took the covers off the bed. I'm okay with a room being old if it's clean and some pride has been taken in it's presentation & preservation. Mildew in the tub and hairs in the sink, smelly & dirty torn carpet, burn holes in the bedding & curtains, very poor locks...not okay!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank 681tracy681

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

All you people who are complaining about this hotel are missing the point !
This hotel is a GREAT alternative to any other place in Prince George.
Lets face it, their aint much to choose from in Prince George and I for one
know it because I have visited this town at least 12 times since I first came in
2006. There is just nothing. And this hotel, although a bit run-down is excellent
in every way. It is located directly accross the road from all the major supermarkets
and drug stores. It is also close to public transport. It has clean rooms with nice views over the
town. It also has great car parking, sincere, polite and honest staff and a great pancake restaurant nearby. Sure, there are some safety issues with local natives asking for coins but you wouldnt be any safer in Vancouver, Newyork or LA ! This place is a nice decent motel with all the services that you would expect for a comfortable night on the road. What else do you whiners need to make you feel "happy" ? You're in Prince George ! Get a reality grip !This aint Las Vegas or something where you have bountiful endless choices. Be happy to get a 3-4 star motel with all the essentials OR ... go stay at Dawsons Creek with just a tent and
camp fire. You guys need to understand that this is the best that Prince George gets and I won't stay anywhere else !

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank Tony_au77
terrace,bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I had to stay in pg for a medical appointment. The nurse told me to stay in this motel because it was central.Big mistake room was clean but dated.Washroom had algea growing on the taps.No coffee maker,microwave,clock or fridge.That was not the worst of it. Someone was knocking on my door through the night and attempted to force their way in.In the morning he was knocking on my door then he called my room asking me why I was on my cell phone.I tried to get the front desk no answer. He left, later when I was ready to go to my appointment my front door would not open. He had done something to the lock.I had to bang on the window to get someone to help bust the lock
open. The employees were nice and caring but there is no security.I left got a refund.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank xforce123

Travellers are raving about these Prince George hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I Stayed here at the Connaught Motor Inn, The Staff there are exceptionally nice and very accomadating, and made me feel at home. The room was clean however it could use some updating. It is very close to shopping and close to all major bus routes which I took. I would stay here again

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank Baja302
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

I phoned for a room for four days as I was going to be in the hospital for that length of time and my wife needed somewhere close-by to stay. When I asked for a non-smoking room the response was "I think so!". I needed to confirm a non-smoking room so asked again if this was possible.
At this point I was told to "Try somewhere else" and the receptionist hung up!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank galdelsol
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

When I travel alone or with my family we always stay at budget hotels but this hotel is not worth even thinking about staying at. It took us about 3 minutes to change our minds about staying here after we looked at the room, it seriously sucked. They did refund the credit card without a problem. For $86 dollars its not worth it...not for $10! For the extra dollars stay elsewhere. We ended up getting a room at the Travelodge for $106 and it was a world apart in quality.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank all_vegas
Prince george
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

Well, I initially looked at the hotel and how many cars were parked at the hotel to get a generaly idea of the business it brought in. There were only a few cars outside! I get checked in and went to my room. The place needed a remodel bad!! I thought I was going to hurt myself climbing the stairs that needed to be redone. I opened the door to find that the room smelled of smoke. I asked for non smoking because I am extremely sensitive to smoke! The carpet was very filthy and looked as though it had been there since the seventies! The linen smelled very bad and looked like it had not been changed since the hotel opened. I went to turn on the air conditioner, and it did not work at all! I needed to get some work done on my computer and found that the internet was not working at all. I called the front desk and was told that no one was there to reset the modem and I would have to wait till the morning to resolve the issue. I was only staying one night and needed the internet then not later! My advice, spend the extra dollars and go somewhere else! you'll be very grateful that you did, believe me.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business