“Not sure what others are complaining about”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Connaught Motor Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I am not suggesting that this is a resort quality hotel.

But it is convenient, clean, and reasonably priced.

I used this motel a few times when my children were little and we had to make an overnight connection with the bus which is just across the street. We never had any problems.

A few years ago my mother had to have surgery in Prince George. I was booked into this motel because it was convenient to the hospital. I never had any problems.

When I had to overnight here after my own eye surgery in Vancouver and had to use the bus, this was motel I looked online for.

I saw some of the negative reviews. I am typing in the room right now and I have had no problems.

If you are looking for a motel that is convenient to downtown, the bus depot or the hospital, I have no trouble recommending this place. It may not be the lap of luxury but this is Northern BC.

And anyway, because of my surgery I had to spend two nights in New WestMinster and one night in Vancouver (near the bus depot). The New West hotel was no better and the Vancouver motel was way worse. The Connaught was the cheapest of the three.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank notdark

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Don't even consider staying here unless you're okay with slumming it. I felt completely unsafe..I put a chair up against the door & left the bathroom light on in case I had to jump up in the night (sketchy people hanging around out back didn't help). I put a towel over the pillow before I'd use it and definitely took the covers off the bed. I'm okay with a room being old if it's clean and some pride has been taken in it's presentation & preservation. Mildew in the tub and hairs in the sink, smelly & dirty torn carpet, burn holes in the bedding & curtains, very poor locks...not okay!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank 681tracy681
Reviewed 19 April 2011

All you people who are complaining about this hotel are missing the point !
This hotel is a GREAT alternative to any other place in Prince George.
Lets face it, their aint much to choose from in Prince George and I for one
know it because I have visited this town at least 12 times since I first came in
2006. There is just nothing. And this hotel, although a bit run-down is excellent
in every way. It is located directly accross the road from all the major supermarkets
and drug stores. It is also close to public transport. It has clean rooms with nice views over the
town. It also has great car parking, sincere, polite and honest staff and a great pancake restaurant nearby. Sure, there are some safety issues with local natives asking for coins but you wouldnt be any safer in Vancouver, Newyork or LA ! This place is a nice decent motel with all the services that you would expect for a comfortable night on the road. What else do you whiners need to make you feel "happy" ? You're in Prince George ! Get a reality grip !This aint Las Vegas or something where you have bountiful endless choices. Be happy to get a 3-4 star motel with all the essentials OR ... go stay at Dawsons Creek with just a tent and
camp fire. You guys need to understand that this is the best that Prince George gets and I won't stay anywhere else !

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank Tony_au77
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I had to stay in pg for a medical appointment. The nurse told me to stay in this motel because it was central.Big mistake room was clean but dated.Washroom had algea growing on the taps.No coffee maker,microwave,clock or fridge.That was not the worst of it. Someone was knocking on my door through the night and attempted to force their way in.In the morning he was knocking on my door then he called my room asking me why I was on my cell phone.I tried to get the front desk no answer. He left, later when I was ready to go to my appointment my front door would not open. He had done something to the lock.I had to bang on the window to get someone to help bust the lock
open. The employees were nice and caring but there is no security.I left got a refund.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank xforce123
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I Stayed here at the Connaught Motor Inn, The Staff there are exceptionally nice and very accomadating, and made me feel at home. The room was clean however it could use some updating. It is very close to shopping and close to all major bus routes which I took. I would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Baja302
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I phoned for a room for four days as I was going to be in the hospital for that length of time and my wife needed somewhere close-by to stay. When I asked for a non-smoking room the response was "I think so!". I needed to confirm a non-smoking room so asked again if this was possible.
At this point I was told to "Try somewhere else" and the receptionist hung up!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank galdelsol
Reviewed 10 July 2010

When I travel alone or with my family we always stay at budget hotels but this hotel is not worth even thinking about staying at. It took us about 3 minutes to change our minds about staying here after we looked at the room, it seriously sucked. They did refund the credit card without a problem. For $86 dollars its not worth it...not for $10! For the extra dollars stay elsewhere. We ended up getting a room at the Travelodge for $106 and it was a world apart in quality.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family