“Be very afraid!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Quesnel, Canada
“Be very afraid!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I can't even give this place a rating!!!
I had phoned the night before to reserve a room and I told them that my husband was disabled. First room we were given was on the third floor, which neither of us can do stairs, but we figured we shouldn't complain as the price was okay.
Once inside we almost vomited, it smelled so bad of urine!!
The young lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave us a ground floor room.
We have previously stayed in this Inn and of course it is older, so you expect some things to be run down, but please!!!
The floors were filthy, no coffee makers, no picture's, no alarm clock, no microwave, the toilet was dirty from urine, the remote for the t.v. didn't work and two other's didn't neither (no instructions left for the front desk employee's), the chairs were badly stained so we sat on towels........would you like me to go on?? I think not!!
Because my husband was so weak due to health issue's, I sucked it up and did some of my own cleaning. Not impressed people!!!
Take the time to do a few well needed fixing and hire a new maid!!

Room Tip: Don't!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank 691dbri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
kelowna, bc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Brutal spot to stay the night. First room smelled like smoke (non-smoking room), second one smelled like vomit (their presidential suite). I left immediately. Please, for your childrens sake, for the lords sake avoid this spot.

Room Tip: dont' go here
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank canuckrs4

Travellers are raving about these Prince George hotels

Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel must have been really something when it was first built (70's?), but not much has been done to it since. The furniture is beat-up, carpet, bedspread and bedding was threadbare. The room smelled of years of wear and tear. All I can say it that it was a "place to stay" and the "price was right". The location is choice .. too bad it hasn't been kept up.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank wej2011
Prince Rupert, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I am not suggesting that this is a resort quality hotel.

But it is convenient, clean, and reasonably priced.

I used this motel a few times when my children were little and we had to make an overnight connection with the bus which is just across the street. We never had any problems.

A few years ago my mother had to have surgery in Prince George. I was booked into this motel because it was convenient to the hospital. I never had any problems.

When I had to overnight here after my own eye surgery in Vancouver and had to use the bus, this was motel I looked online for.

I saw some of the negative reviews. I am typing in the room right now and I have had no problems.

If you are looking for a motel that is convenient to downtown, the bus depot or the hospital, I have no trouble recommending this place. It may not be the lap of luxury but this is Northern BC.

And anyway, because of my surgery I had to spend two nights in New WestMinster and one night in Vancouver (near the bus depot). The New West hotel was no better and the Vancouver motel was way worse. The Connaught was the cheapest of the three.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank notdark
Smithers, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Don't even consider staying here unless you're okay with slumming it. I felt completely unsafe..I put a chair up against the door & left the bathroom light on in case I had to jump up in the night (sketchy people hanging around out back didn't help). I put a towel over the pillow before I'd use it and definitely took the covers off the bed. I'm okay with a room being old if it's clean and some pride has been taken in it's presentation & preservation. Mildew in the tub and hairs in the sink, smelly & dirty torn carpet, burn holes in the bedding & curtains, very poor locks...not okay!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank 681tracy681
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

All you people who are complaining about this hotel are missing the point !
This hotel is a GREAT alternative to any other place in Prince George.
Lets face it, their aint much to choose from in Prince George and I for one
know it because I have visited this town at least 12 times since I first came in
2006. There is just nothing. And this hotel, although a bit run-down is excellent
in every way. It is located directly accross the road from all the major supermarkets
and drug stores. It is also close to public transport. It has clean rooms with nice views over the
town. It also has great car parking, sincere, polite and honest staff and a great pancake restaurant nearby. Sure, there are some safety issues with local natives asking for coins but you wouldnt be any safer in Vancouver, Newyork or LA ! This place is a nice decent motel with all the services that you would expect for a comfortable night on the road. What else do you whiners need to make you feel "happy" ? You're in Prince George ! Get a reality grip !This aint Las Vegas or something where you have bountiful endless choices. Be happy to get a 3-4 star motel with all the essentials OR ... go stay at Dawsons Creek with just a tent and
camp fire. You guys need to understand that this is the best that Prince George gets and I won't stay anywhere else !

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank Tony_au77
terrace,bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I had to stay in pg for a medical appointment. The nurse told me to stay in this motel because it was central.Big mistake room was clean but dated.Washroom had algea growing on the taps.No coffee maker,microwave,clock or fridge.That was not the worst of it. Someone was knocking on my door through the night and attempted to force their way in.In the morning he was knocking on my door then he called my room asking me why I was on my cell phone.I tried to get the front desk no answer. He left, later when I was ready to go to my appointment my front door would not open. He had done something to the lock.I had to bang on the window to get someone to help bust the lock
open. The employees were nice and caring but there is no security.I left got a refund.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business