Connaught Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Coast Inn of the North(Prince George)
Prince Motel(Prince George)
Downtown Motel(Prince George)
View Hotel
Queensway Court Motel(Prince George)
Economy Inn(Prince George)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Well first off, the reason for my trip was not "leisure"... it was for my 36 year old sisters funeral.

So everything (booking, getting a room, checking in at the front desk) was fine up until we opened the door to our room. it was STILL DIRTY FROM THE PREVIOUS PEOPLE WHO STAYED! we told the front desk and they said they'd have someone clean it instead of just giving us a clean room. that evening, we discovered the heater was broken and would not turn off.The front desk said they would have matinence come check it. no one came. that night we had the window opened and sheets off all night. to make our night even worse, other guests at the inn decided to be loud in the night and were not told to quiet down. the next day when i phoned about the heater, the front desk said they would have matinence come check it. we stayed in the hotel room till four o clock because they said someone was coming to fix it or we would change rooms. nobody contacted us. i called yet again around 8pm and spoke with someone who about an hour later sent a custodian. he said the heater was broken so when i phoned front desk she said "oh yes, i remember someone said that about the room" the next day was the day before the funeral and so we wanted to have a good sleep. finally, they switched us rooms. As well, we wanted a later check out time as the funeral time was the same time and we didnt want to be worried. they told us it would cost almost twelve dollars an hour extra.

the woman at the front desk was completely rude and should not be working in a place where customer service should be number one. the rooms were disgusting and we were treated with so much disrespect in a circumstance where we are grieving. i do not and will not recommend this place to anyone and i hope this review will help someone else decide to not give this place their business.

the funny thing? on their door they have a sign posted that says"if you are rude or mean in any way there will be a $100 charge." ..... does that mean, dealing with your rude and unhospitable manner, we get $100 refund??

• Stayed: April 2009
3  Thank NovemberCutie91
Reviewed 13 November 2008

I stay at the Connaught each time I am in Prince George. Most times I go for the shopping and Connaught is centrally located so ease of shopping is great.! And in respect to my reason for going to PG, I love the price of rooms as opposed to others in town, I would much rather have the extra money for shopping than staying in an over rated room. Good price, decent rooms.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank honest2god
Reviewed 30 June 2008

Stayed one night only. The room was in bad need of cleaning, painting and furniture upgrading. We were initially sent to an unmade up room then shifted to another. We had to tell the front desk what brand of T.V. ours was before they would bring us the clicker. Perhaps the lowest quality hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank geobridge
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Coming to Prince George all the way from Australia was a scary experience as I did not know what to expect so far north.
The Connaught Motor Inn saved the day !

While taking a group bus from Prince George Airport in a snow storm I asked the driver where would be the best place to stay.
Originally I had inteded to stay at the Downtown Inn however I was advised by the driver that there are some drug problems in that area and possible undesirable people so I settled for the Connaught Motor Inn !!! I was thoroughly satisfied with my choice and it met all my expectations for a budget hotel. I felt right at home here as it was nice, quiet and a good place to rest after travelling so long to get here.

Excellent Room! A nice big flat screen tv, big comfortable bed, clean room, good heating and an ageing but neverthless good bathroom. The cleaning service was excellent and the hotel have a good information centre in case you need some maps or advice.

The hotel is well designed for the winter and it overlooks a broad view of Prince George. For the price it was excellent. You really get a bairgain if you stay here. Its directly over the road from a nice pancake restaurant as well as a huge shopping centre and supermarket open late at night. Theres a few main roads nearby so watch out if you are walking. Some pick up trucks dont stop.

Being an Australian in the cold artic weather aint easy. I did struggle with the temparature OUTISDE, however INSIDE this hotel I must say it was very accomodating, warm, clean and above all the room came with a nice view and I felt safe.

On the point of safety, the hotel, rooms and surroundings are safe but be careful not to venture out too far at night. While sleeping I heard a bit of arguments happening outside with some drunks about 4.00 am. Make sure you are inside during these times or on weekends. Always think safety particularly if you are travelling alone as I did.

GREAT HOTEL - 8.5/10

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Tony_au77
Reviewed 20 November 2007

I stayed at the connaught inn and the front desk ladies are wonderfull and very helpfull...... i would stay there a again in the future...... thaanks for my stay........

Stayed: November 2007