“Rude and just plain ignorant!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Connaught Motor Inn
Connaught Motor Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Rude and just plain ignorant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

I phoned for a room for four days as I was going to be in the hospital for that length of time and my wife needed somewhere close-by to stay. When I asked for a non-smoking room the response was "I think so!". I needed to confirm a non-smoking room so asked again if this was possible.
At this point I was told to "Try somewhere else" and the receptionist hung up!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank galdelsol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

When I travel alone or with my family we always stay at budget hotels but this hotel is not worth even thinking about staying at. It took us about 3 minutes to change our minds about staying here after we looked at the room, it seriously sucked. They did refund the credit card without a problem. For $86 dollars its not worth it...not for $10! For the extra dollars stay elsewhere. We ended up getting a room at the Travelodge for $106 and it was a world apart in quality.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank all_vegas

Travellers are raving about these Prince George hotels

Prince george
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

Well, I initially looked at the hotel and how many cars were parked at the hotel to get a generaly idea of the business it brought in. There were only a few cars outside! I get checked in and went to my room. The place needed a remodel bad!! I thought I was going to hurt myself climbing the stairs that needed to be redone. I opened the door to find that the room smelled of smoke. I asked for non smoking because I am extremely sensitive to smoke! The carpet was very filthy and looked as though it had been there since the seventies! The linen smelled very bad and looked like it had not been changed since the hotel opened. I went to turn on the air conditioner, and it did not work at all! I needed to get some work done on my computer and found that the internet was not working at all. I called the front desk and was told that no one was there to reset the modem and I would have to wait till the morning to resolve the issue. I was only staying one night and needed the internet then not later! My advice, spend the extra dollars and go somewhere else! you'll be very grateful that you did, believe me.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank tupac1213
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

At the end of the day, you are paying less than $70 for a motel room so you can't expect much but what you do get for that is a good size room with dated but clean....Everything! You can't pay little money and expect the ritz! I am fussy when it comes to hotels and motels and I stayed here, it was fine.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TerryTJones
Lethbridge, Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

Well first off, the reason for my trip was not "leisure"... it was for my 36 year old sisters funeral.

So everything (booking, getting a room, checking in at the front desk) was fine up until we opened the door to our room. it was STILL DIRTY FROM THE PREVIOUS PEOPLE WHO STAYED! we told the front desk and they said they'd have someone clean it instead of just giving us a clean room. that evening, we discovered the heater was broken and would not turn off.The front desk said they would have matinence come check it. no one came. that night we had the window opened and sheets off all night. to make our night even worse, other guests at the inn decided to be loud in the night and were not told to quiet down. the next day when i phoned about the heater, the front desk said they would have matinence come check it. we stayed in the hotel room till four o clock because they said someone was coming to fix it or we would change rooms. nobody contacted us. i called yet again around 8pm and spoke with someone who about an hour later sent a custodian. he said the heater was broken so when i phoned front desk she said "oh yes, i remember someone said that about the room" the next day was the day before the funeral and so we wanted to have a good sleep. finally, they switched us rooms. As well, we wanted a later check out time as the funeral time was the same time and we didnt want to be worried. they told us it would cost almost twelve dollars an hour extra.

the woman at the front desk was completely rude and should not be working in a place where customer service should be number one. the rooms were disgusting and we were treated with so much disrespect in a circumstance where we are grieving. i do not and will not recommend this place to anyone and i hope this review will help someone else decide to not give this place their business.

the funny thing? on their door they have a sign posted that says"if you are rude or mean in any way there will be a $100 charge." ..... does that mean, dealing with your rude and unhospitable manner, we get $100 refund??

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank NovemberCutie91
Northern Central Interior BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

I stay at the Connaught each time I am in Prince George. Most times I go for the shopping and Connaught is centrally located so ease of shopping is great.! And in respect to my reason for going to PG, I love the price of rooms as opposed to others in town, I would much rather have the extra money for shopping than staying in an over rated room. Good price, decent rooms.

• Liked — Price, and central location, staff are helpful.
  • Disliked — needs some updating, but for the most part it's good for the price.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank honest2god
Alberta Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

Stayed one night only. The room was in bad need of cleaning, painting and furniture upgrading. We were initially sent to an unmade up room then shifted to another. We had to tell the front desk what brand of T.V. ours was before they would bring us the clicker. Perhaps the lowest quality hotel I've stayed in.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room condition
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends