“Had a great overnight stay here”

Travelodge Prince George Goldcap BC
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 10 July 2010

After looking at other options for an overnight stay we decided to stay at the Travelodge. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and very clean. The room had a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. Beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet. We had a good nights sleep and were on our way. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a place to stay in PG.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Stayed 1 nighgt enroute on skeena train. Very comfortable, walking distance to train station. Staff helpful, Close to shops etc.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smitheries
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I have stayed at this location more than a few times for work.
There has never been a problem with any of the services, rooms. The cleaning ladies the front desk staff have all been wonderful friendly and easy to deal with.
The only exception being the front desk daytime manager.
I'm writing a review this time since not only was she more sour and difficult to deal with than the last time I was there, but I'm not the only one feeling insulted and put off by her either- I thought it was just me she was rude to. Now more than a few of the brothers and even a random guest complained about her being cold and indifferent - I thought it was just me that she had a problem with.
To the owners of this lodge and the rest of the staff, I love coming to your establishment but I sure don't look forward to her. The brothers and I were thinking of requesting the union to arrange different lodgings next time we're in town. Even though I wouldnt want to, I would just to avoid having to deal with her. Because of her - a thumb down.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2009

very clean rooms, staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2009

As others have said, this place is clean (though the rug was stained and needs replacing) and comfortable enough for one night. I appreciated access to the lobby computer (no printer though). The desk clerk was efficient and helpful in answering our questions; she also told us about the planned and in-process renovations. Restaurant on the premise opened with new management (owns a successful restaurant elsewhere in town) the day we left and needed breakfast--which was good....nice variety and home made biscuits.

Contrary to other reviews, I thought the location was very good. It's near a large Coast Hotel and the civic center. Best of all, while taking an evening walk (after driving from Kamloops), I happened onto 3 Rivers Gallery which was open til 9 and free (Thursdays). I enjoyed 3
spectacular current exhibitts.

For a one night stay this place is a great bargain for under $60 US.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

When we walked into the lobby of this hotel, we almost turned around and left. The place looked tired and worn and it stunk of cigarette smoke. The only reason we checked in was because had made arrangements to link up with other family members there. Once we arrived at our non-smoking room, it was spacious and clean although as women we didn't like having a bathroom without a countertop to set our toiletries on. Thankfully, the beds where comfortable and the room was quiet. We also made use of the fridge to keep food and drinks from our cooler cold.

At the time of our visit, there wasn't a restaurant on premise as advertised. We had to venture out to find a place to eat. I must say the characters we encountered during our outing had us in fits of laughter. We were panhandled, watched the RCMP bust two ladies of the night and were asked for a lift to the other side of Prince George even though we were obviously walking. We consider ourselves to be regular travellers and have never encountered the likes of P.G. If you don't have to stay here, DON'T!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2009

I stayed here on a Saturday night with three friends, and we got in late, just before 2:00am. I had made a reservation two months earlier for one room with two queen beds; there were no problems with the hotel honoring it.

Immediately upon pulling into the hotel garage, a man approached me and asked me for a ride to the other side of town. I declined and proceeded to the front entrance, which is locked overnight. The manager let me in after I said I had a reservation, but she did not allow the man in. He asked if he could come in to use the phone. The clerk offered to make a phone call for him; he then claimed he didn't know the number he wanted to call. During the check-in process, an inebriated gentleman also came to the front door and asked if a credit card was required to get a room. The clerk said "yes" and directed him to another hotel that does not require CCs. I made a light-hearted comment to the clerk about strange characters coming out after dark; she said that this was a very unusual night and it's not normally like this. Her comment is consistent with other TripAdvisor reviews.

Reading the reviews for other Prince George hotels, including the Ramada and Four Points, had me a little concerned about the area---but not enough to deter me from staying here, especially considering PG is the largest city with the most hotels for at least 100 miles around.

The room was large, clean and had everything we needed. Beds were comfortable, TV and Internet worked fine. Overall, it felt a little bit more like a college dormitory than a hotel. It was just fine for one night, and I would stay here again.

Travelodge hotels in Canada do not participate in Wyndham Rewards, so keep that in mind if you're a member.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends