“Excellent hotel...beware of negative reviews...there is another Sandman in Prince George”

Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel is always excellent. I stayed last night as I was flying out the next morning.

There was only one staff member at the front desk which made my checkin a bit delayed. She kindly explained she was new and working by herself that night and her kindness more than made up for it.

I stayed in a king suite. Very comfortable room. Very comfortable bed. Full bath with all the amenities. A small kitchenette included a fridge, stove, utensils, pots and pans for anyone needing them, coffee maker and kettle.

The living area has a couch with chaise, armchair and tv. The bedroom has a separate tv of its own so you can watch it there too.

Overall a great hotel. The restaurant downstairs is very good, although room services is not available.

I have said this before and will say it again. This is a very clean and new hotel. There are quite a few negative reviews an I highly suspect that they belong to the other Sandman hotel in Prince George which I have heard over and over is a complete dump and to stay away from.

May be a bit more expensive than some people are willing to pay but worth the cleanliness and comfort of the room.

I will continue staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank NorthVan83

Reviewed 17 April 2012

It is a nice hotel but very expensive for what you get. Although the property is fairly new I feel as though the $154 per night is not fair value for a room that is better than a Super 8 but not in the same league as other hotels in that price range.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Having a conference in this hotel in not a good idea - unless you do not plan on having food, or drink, and have under 60 people attending.

Breakfast was the same menu for three days and lunch food was akin to overcooked cardboard. They managed to be constantly short of coffee cups, which matched the shortage of coffee itself so at least they were consistent in that aspect. Bringing this to the attention of Management did not change anything.

Very poor location for the meeting rooms with few (if any) signs pointing the way - past the lobby, through two sets of fire doors, then rooms that are not marked so you don't know where you are going. Like many things, it was easier the second time to find your way through the maze. Bringing this to the attention of Management did not change anything.

The hotel itself is in an area where there are few other amenities outside of the restaurant beyond a coffee shop (Tim Horton's - take out only) and for evening entertainment, you need a car to cross the six lane highway to get to the Casino.

We found the walls in our room to be very thin, as we could hear the guests next door talking, and had to call the front desk to get the people upstairs to stop jumping on their floor (our ceiling) so we could have a conversation.

The rooms themselves were well decorated with modern furniture and were kept very clean.

If you are staying one night on your way through to another city, this would be my third choice in Prince George, but for business purposes, never again.

Room Tip: If you want a great room - go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My two weeks in PG were spent in this facility. It was brand new and had just opened. I was not disappointed with the stay.
Front Desk staff were ironing out some kinks that caused delays however their courtesy and friendless made up for it. Good location and walking distance to limited restaurant selection. Across the busy highway from the local casino.
Beer and wine store nearby.
Elevators were slow. Parking was good.
Room was spacious with sepearte kitchen living area and bedroom.

Room Tip: Top Floor either front or back.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Signature Sandman on business and it was excellent. My room was clean and I liked the way it was set up with a living room/office space connected to the bedroom by a small 5 foot long hall with a mini fridge, full sink, dishes, stovetop, microwave and cupboards on one side and the bathroom on the other. Extra sheets, pillows and a nice housecoat were provided. I was only a few doors down from the elevator but was not at all disturbed by people coming and going.
The location is great as there is a variety of restaurants within walking distance along with a grocery store. Of course there is a restaurant on-site, the Chop, but it was not open yet. I did order room service for breakfast that was delivered on time and it was tasty. It was a large enough portion that I had leftover for later and could keep it in the in-room dishes and fridge.
The fitness facility is a very small room and had 2 treadmills, and 2 elipticles facing a large flat screen tv and window. Nothing else, very basic. So, for wanting to just do cardio that was fine but if I was looking for weight training, there was nothing available.
If I return to Prince for more work, I will most definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I travel to Prince George for work and Sandman was the only hotel that had rooms so I decided to stay, I don't usually like to try new hotels but I was forced.

However, I was impressed by the staff service and understanding. They accommodated my stay, gave me a great room and matched my price for an extra night that I had to stay. I also was allowed to checkout quite late on the day I was leaving. Some hotels even if they have the ability to allow you to stay late in the room, they won't without charging...

The only negative part of this hotel is Rockford restuarant that is serving the hotel. Very bad service, first night I place an order they got my room wrong and the food came an hour later, cold!
The next day I called for breakfast room service, and they said they were too busy to do room service....

In general their food tastes exactly the same allllllllllll!!!! They use almost same sauce in all of their meals....

I think the hotel needs to find another restuarant because Rockford could easily get them to loose people, because when you are in PG for work or even vacation, you want your hotel to have some good place to eat at in case it was snowing or stormy or even for work meetings....

Room Tip: They have rooms with hot tub:)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is a new establishment in Prince George and in my opinion the best hotel in the area. I would rate it as a 4 star - which is an unexpected rating for the Sandman chain. The rooms are large, the beds very, very comfortable. Most rooms are suite style come with a kitchen and ample room. The Rockford lounge serves up a good atmosphere along with good food and drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business