“Better than I thought”

Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 4 September 2013

With 2 Sandman hotels, I read the reviews for the other one but ended up here. Welcome surprise! Room service was very fast, tasty, and reasonably priced. The exercise room had equipment that actually does not make you fear for your safety to use it. There is not much to do around the hotel area, but if you have a car, you're more than fine. I would go back.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank hardern
Kayla S, GM at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you very much for your comments, very much appreciated!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This hotel was wonderful! Our family arrived later on in the evening (around 9pm). The agent at the desk offered us a room with bunk beds for our children, much to their delight. The room was a very good price for the amenities provided. The bed was awesome! We had a kitchenette as well. I was so surprised about the size of the room for the price. If we ever travel through Prince George again this is absolutely the hotel we will stay at!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was large and had bunk beds as well as very cool bean bag chairs. If you are...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy W
Kayla S, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your comments, glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

If you travel with your pets and happen to gat room104 and want to sleep before midnight ... Ask for a different room!

Hotel laundry kiddy-corner to the room works until 11:00pm, stairway almost next door, guests in the room above sound like they are walking around with cowboy boots on a wood floor. So if your dog barks at noises, good luck getting any sleep!

Permanent work boot marks in the tub and crud behind the bathroom sink, if they want to keep the fancy rooms nice, housekeeping needs to step it up.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the low hundreds
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1CentMuffin

Thank you for your comments, they are taken very seriously and provide the information that we need in order to improve our service to our future guests.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

A very pleasant hotel but rather a long way from the town and amenities. Fortunately we only stayed here for one night during out VIA Rail trip from Prince George to Prince Rupert. The hotel itself was modern, clean had excellent facilities and a rather pleasant bar and restaurant. Our friend was upgraded to the presidential suite due to a booking error, not on his part, and the staff dealt with the matter very well indeed. A good hotel to stay at if you are passing by, but not sure you'd want to stay much longer in Prince George, an unusual sort of town, tourists certainly stand out !!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and I am sorry you did not enjoy our location as much. As Prince George continues to grow up around us our nearby amenities will increase. I hope that you will stay with us another time.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

A very nice, clean room. We were near an exit door and it could be a bit loud at times, but overall it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Even though we were traveling with a dog, we were able to stay in a family suite. It was wonderful, especially after an all night drive from the ferry in Prince Rupert. The hotel staff was friendly and informative. The room, itself, was amazing, with bunk beds for our boys, a nice kitchen area and a king bed for us! The room was clean and well organized. The only complaint I would have is that the hot tub was down for maintenance. However, the pool was nice; it was average size and clean. We stayed one night, but I would have loved to stay more! It was a pleasant surprise to find this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 25 July 2013

we stayed in this hotel room from July 3rd to July 7th. We had booked with at least 3 months earlier and at least three confirmations before we arrived. It was my husband and myself and two children. We asked for a kitchen and were told this was available with two queen beds. When we arrived it was one king bed and nothing else!!! We didn't know until bedtime that the couch didn't even pull out into a bed. When I called down I was told none of their kitchenette rooms have two double beds ...which I find odd. I called so many times to ask questions about the room and the area and amenities. They agreed to send a blow up mattress ...what choice did we have at this point. We've driven 1600km and we were tired. To add insult to injury the bill was well over $600 for our stay and our kids slept on a couch and a blow up air mattress( that we had to inflate and deflate each night so we could even walk in the room). I think the management should 've been aware and given a discount! Of course nobody was available when we checked out. For the price we paid per day we should have been told BEFORE we arrived that they coulnt accomodate us. The Staff knew there were four of us and each time I called I confirmed the sleeping arrangements and the kitchenette. I doubt we will ever stay here again. Aside from calling ahead what else could we have done. I assume the staff know their own hotel. Now in the end we have to pay the ugly bill. The couch wasn't an ideal place for my son to be sleeping when he had important soccer games to be played each day.. there was also no bedding for that couch given to us so we had to give him sheets from our bed. There was also no pillows as the hotel was sold out and they had none left. I would give the hotel a better rating if we had been given what we paid for and had the whole family slept in beds not just half of us. We find this was not very fair and a refund should have been offered.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank 5Canadiantravelers

I am very sorry that you did not receive the room type that you had reserved. While of course we do not like to hear negative feed back, it is necessary to hear so that we can improve the level of service to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would like to discuss further with you. Arlene DeWilde, General Manager.