We stayed in room 150, a family suite. I'd recommend not getting this suite as it is at the end of the hall where people open and close the door to access the gym, pool and restaurant. Lots of door slamming. Our room was not ready when we arrived at the hotel well after 3pm. I appreciated the effort by house keeping, who gave my kids free treats from the hotels gift shop as a thank your for our patience. However the room was not very clean. Lots of hairs in the bathroom, strange substance on the curtains, chips under the bed.
There is a pocket door that closes off the bedroom from the main area where the bunk beds are. That door was broken and came off it's tracks trapping my husband and I in our room with our two kids on the other side, for about 10 minutes, until we could jimmy it open and back into the wall. We didn't close it again after that. Definitely something the hotel needs to address.
We were quite tired from our day of driving but as we fell asleep at about 10:30 pm we could hear what sounded like loud basey music, possibly coming from the parking lot area. We managed to fall asleep but I was woken up again at 1:40am. I could hear the loud music rather well from our bathroom when I got up. The rest of my family was sleeping well so I didn't want to disturb them by leaving the room to go and complain at the front desk or call down there. The music stopped at about 2:15am and I was able to eventually get some sleep. The bed is comfy. Our kids quite liked the bunk beds too.
My husband did mentioned the loud music to the front desk person the morning when we checked out. I guess we were not the only ones disturbed the night before. I guess there had been a rave in the banquet hall. Yes, a RAVE! I certainly hope the hotel won't make such a terrible mistake as to allow such events to take place in the future. People get hotel rooms because they want a good nights sleep, not be kept awake until well after 2am listening to loud music. We packed our things out the exit door by the banquet room, where there were several alcohol bottles on the ground and hundreds of cigarette butts.
We ate both our dinner and breakfast in the Rockford Wok bar & grill. Excellent food and great service in there. I highly recommend the Szechuan beef if you like something spicy.
I would definitely eat at the restaurant again but I am not likely to stay at this hotel when we visit Prince George again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, intriguing and an entirely unique concept in modern elegance, Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel offers guests an impeccable hotel experience set in the heart of beautiful Interior BC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Signature Hotel And Suites Prince George
- Sandman Hotel Prince George