“Room not ready, noisy rave in the banquet hall. Restaurant has excellent food.”

Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed in room 150, a family suite. I'd recommend not getting this suite as it is at the end of the hall where people open and close the door to access the gym, pool and restaurant. Lots of door slamming. Our room was not ready when we arrived at the hotel well after 3pm. I appreciated the effort by house keeping, who gave my kids free treats from the hotels gift shop as a thank your for our patience. However the room was not very clean. Lots of hairs in the bathroom, strange substance on the curtains, chips under the bed.

There is a pocket door that closes off the bedroom from the main area where the bunk beds are. That door was broken and came off it's tracks trapping my husband and I in our room with our two kids on the other side, for about 10 minutes, until we could jimmy it open and back into the wall. We didn't close it again after that. Definitely something the hotel needs to address.

We were quite tired from our day of driving but as we fell asleep at about 10:30 pm we could hear what sounded like loud basey music, possibly coming from the parking lot area. We managed to fall asleep but I was woken up again at 1:40am. I could hear the loud music rather well from our bathroom when I got up. The rest of my family was sleeping well so I didn't want to disturb them by leaving the room to go and complain at the front desk or call down there. The music stopped at about 2:15am and I was able to eventually get some sleep. The bed is comfy. Our kids quite liked the bunk beds too.

My husband did mentioned the loud music to the front desk person the morning when we checked out. I guess we were not the only ones disturbed the night before. I guess there had been a rave in the banquet hall. Yes, a RAVE! I certainly hope the hotel won't make such a terrible mistake as to allow such events to take place in the future. People get hotel rooms because they want a good nights sleep, not be kept awake until well after 2am listening to loud music. We packed our things out the exit door by the banquet room, where there were several alcohol bottles on the ground and hundreds of cigarette butts.

We ate both our dinner and breakfast in the Rockford Wok bar & grill. Excellent food and great service in there. I highly recommend the Szechuan beef if you like something spicy.

I would definitely eat at the restaurant again but I am not likely to stay at this hotel when we visit Prince George again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have "attempted" to stay at this hotel twice over the past few years, first when they initially opened, and again only a few months ago wanting to give it another try, and I promptly checked-out minutes after checking-in on both occasions.

I reserved a "Signature King Room" and inquired to make sure the hotel showed in-room movies (because that's how I enjoy spending my evenings wherever I stay). I reserved my room and was advised in-room movies were indeed a go.

Upon check-in, I was required to wait almost a half hour for my room, notwithstanding the fact that it was almost dinner time and well past the hotel's allotted check-in time. When I reached my room it was NOT the room I had reserved, but rather a "Family Suite" with bunk beds and the pungent aroma of glue in the air. And to top it all off, the in-room movies function was not working either. I called down to the front desk and was told that they did not have the room I had reserved available and the in-room movie service had been undergoing some maintenance for the past few weeks (despite me calling ahead to ensure its availability the night before). The front desk clerk offered no assistance to remedy the situation, and when I asked to speak to the manager I was told the manager was "busy."

Needless to say, I will not stay at this hotel again because it is clear to me that customer service and customer satisfaction is the least of this hotel's concern.

Room Tip: Stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Prince George or the Coast Inn of the North
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Stacey S
Victoria
Reviewed 21 March 2014

During our trip around the Interior, it was so nice to check-in to our suite. Felt very "swanky" compared to the other places we stayed at. Our daughters loved their bunkbeds, and we loved the separate bedroom. The little kitchen area was a bonus, and it was nice to have dishes and cutlery, etc. available for our use.
The bathrobes were a nice touch, as were the very comfy beanbags to curl up in and watch tv. (The only downside is that the main/bunkbed room is "dim" even with the corner lamp on.)
When we requested a later check-out time (1pm) they were very happy to accommodate us.

Room Tip: If traveling as a family, I highly recommend the Family Suite. Worth paying extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sherwood Park
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel. I had a suite which was quite nice and well appointed. The appliances were good quality including a full size fridge. Lighting was good and the bed and furniture were comfortable. The is a restaurant attached which was quite good but expensive. The only negatives were the small bathroom and the paper thin walls. I could hear the people in the room beside me and every door opening and closing up and down the hall. Unfortunalaly for me, that is a big negative which is why I would never stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The paper thin walls provide great entertainment if your neighbors are having a good conversation. We got "the best room available" although atheticaly pleasing the bed was uncomfortable and the blanket came with leftover hair on it. Poor experience especially for the cost.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank RenEliD
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Wonderful service and very friendly staff. We travel with our pet and the room was clean and well maintained, we have stayed in some nasty pet rooms. Booked through the sandman app and just added the pet comment and were accommodated accordingly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with or without a pet :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Risser476
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Everything was great. One day they kind of half serviced the room but all in all very nice. The upper hall way had a little of a musty smell but that could have been me. No one else seemed to notice. The restaurant attached was pricey and twice out of four times the meal was late and once one of the parties meal was missed all together.

Room Tip: Upper floor had less traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business