“Modern renovations and accommodating staff”

Coast Inn of the North
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Canada
“Modern renovations and accommodating staff”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stopped in PG for 1 night to run a marathon. Since I knew I would not finish before checkout, I asked whether I might be able to extend my stay till 3 pm with payment of a small fee. The clerk had a quick look at the bookings for the next day and said "no worries" and simply put me down for a 3 pm checkout! (Having a chance to shower before driving is appreciated)

The rooms are being renovated and mine was new, modern, large, and clean, Nice linens and bathrobes, but the odd thing was that there was no place (literally) to hang anything. No closet, no hooks, not even on the bathroom door (because it was a slider).

Didn't have a chance to try the fitness room or restaurant.

The hotel is centrally located and while I might have given it an average score I "upgraded" it since they were so accommodating with my request for late checkout :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello and thank you for your recent post- congrats on the marathon and trust you enjoyed the run.

The project will be complete by November 15th and includes armoire and all furniture- look forward to having you stay with us again on your next race.

Cheers

J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
St. Helens, Oregon
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was asked to teach a two day Seminar on Wildfire Attack, and prescribed burning for the Ministry of Forest in the College at Prince George.
The room was very comfortable and the attendants were very efficient at the time. I particularly enjoyed the evening dinning experience. We were seated in a small alcove and our waitress was a very beautiful lady and extremely efficient in her manner and service. It was a dining experience that I had never enjoyed before or since. Her ability to always be there when we needed something, yet never there when you did not need anything. Outstanding young lady. If I remember correctly I left the largest tip for dinner that I have ever left in my life before then or after the dinner.
I would love to have remembered her name as she made my whole trip worth the experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Ontario
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Front desk really helpful! She told us about the lack of wardrobe in the renovated rooms which was fine, however the lack of reading lamp and only one small towel rack in the bathroom were more problematic. Too bad Winston's was closed as we had hoped to have a "fine dining" experience. The service information could have been more accurate as ice was only available on the 3rd flor as the other floors were being renovated. They kindly gave us free breakfast in compensation. Good for one night but if one was on business for longer no pace to hang clothes and bath towels would have been very inconvenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a reading lamp.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Fraser Valley BC
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Clean and comfy. Luke warm male receptionist at checkin, had to ask to have our points added to our coast account. usually done automatically before we arrive. nor were we upgraded- they had a flood on our floor and had huge fans drying out the carpets which were very noisy, but in fairness they tuned them off at night. was surprised they were using that floor. didn't eat in restaurant so cant comment. check out receptionist really nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have stayed numerous times, overnight during the past years, always enjoyed my stay, so all ways go back, thank you. Most of the time, I have been catching the early train to Prince Rupert, but on occasion, made sure I was arriving earlier to enjoy my stay at the hotel and be able to relax and enjoy the fine dining room.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hi- thank you for your kind accolades and pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Take care - travel safe and see you soon

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on Sept. 3. At check- in we were upgraded to a suite because of the renovations. And our suite on the 8th floor has already been renovated ! It was great! Nice, modern and stylish bathroom with a good shower (no showering in the bathtub, fortunately). The new furniture was not yet there, but that will only add to the classy feel. We did not make use of restaurant or gym/pool.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello - so very pleased to hear you enjoyed our refreshed new look

We look forward to having you back soon

Cheers

Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here for a month while looking for a place to live when I moved to Prince George. The Staff here are awesome. Lori, Chelsea, Karen, Miranda and Courtney among others were great and helped make it seem like home away from home for me.
My room was fine, and the cleaning staff are friendly and helpful (like hooking me up with extra coffee!). The gym is a little underwhelming, but if you stay at the hotel you can get a $5 daily drop in rate at the Gold's Gym across the street, which I highly recommend.
Overall it was a great month at the Coast, and I'm recommending it to anyone I know who comes to Prince George.

Room Tip: I was in 417. It was pretty basic. Nothing special but no complaints either. I walked past a couple...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 01234567892013
Hello and thank you for your post. I couldn't agree with you more- Chelsea, Lori, Miranda, Karen and Courtney are examples of great Ambassadors whom consistently delivery flawlessly!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon