“Quick work trip, great food”

Coast Inn of the North
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was only in PG for 24 hours on a work trip and didn't explore the area around the hotel, but my room, which was upgraded free of charge, had a king bed and good lounge area. Very comfortable. I ordered room service for dinner and it was excellent and reasonably priced. They also had door hangers where you could order breakfast for the next morning and have it delivered at a specific time. Very handy! I was close to the elevator though and it was pretty noisy on when it stopped and started. Woke me up a few times... definitely try and get a room away from them.

Room Tip: Away from the noisy elevators
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rovergaard
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello and thank you for your comments- great to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will pass along your accolades to Chef Heesterman and his team- they are flawless in their execution and not surprised to hear!

Thanks and talk to you soon

There are newer reviews for Coast Inn of the North

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed in a newly renovated room that was very comfortable. The service throughout the hotel was very good but the lounge service was over the top. The drinks were fantastic, service exceptional. If you ever find yourself in Prince George, stop by the lounge and see Chelsea for a drink.

• Stayed: September 2013
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for kind accolades- Lori and Chelsea are certainly our stars and will be sure to pass along to the ladies.

Cheers

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Caught them mid Reno but I have always been happy with the Coast Inn of the North. By far the best stay in PG. The place of choice for government officials, hockey teams for a reason. Top notch staff include Lorie and Chelsea in the lounge. Very pleasant with great service.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stopped in PG for 1 night to run a marathon. Since I knew I would not finish before checkout, I asked whether I might be able to extend my stay till 3 pm with payment of a small fee. The clerk had a quick look at the bookings for the next day and said "no worries" and simply put me down for a 3 pm checkout! (Having a chance to shower before driving is appreciated)

The rooms are being renovated and mine was new, modern, large, and clean, Nice linens and bathrobes, but the odd thing was that there was no place (literally) to hang anything. No closet, no hooks, not even on the bathroom door (because it was a slider).

Didn't have a chance to try the fitness room or restaurant.

The hotel is centrally located and while I might have given it an average score I "upgraded" it since they were so accommodating with my request for late checkout :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Hello and thank you for your recent post- congrats on the marathon and trust you enjoyed the run.

The project will be complete by November 15th and includes armoire and all furniture- look forward to having you stay with us again on your next race.

Cheers

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was asked to teach a two day Seminar on Wildfire Attack, and prescribed burning for the Ministry of Forest in the College at Prince George.
The room was very comfortable and the attendants were very efficient at the time. I particularly enjoyed the evening dinning experience. We were seated in a small alcove and our waitress was a very beautiful lady and extremely efficient in her manner and service. It was a dining experience that I had never enjoyed before or since. Her ability to always be there when we needed something, yet never there when you did not need anything. Outstanding young lady. If I remember correctly I left the largest tip for dinner that I have ever left in my life before then or after the dinner.
I would love to have remembered her name as she made my whole trip worth the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Front desk really helpful! She told us about the lack of wardrobe in the renovated rooms which was fine, however the lack of reading lamp and only one small towel rack in the bathroom were more problematic. Too bad Winston's was closed as we had hoped to have a "fine dining" experience. The service information could have been more accurate as ice was only available on the 3rd flor as the other floors were being renovated. They kindly gave us free breakfast in compensation. Good for one night but if one was on business for longer no pace to hang clothes and bath towels would have been very inconvenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a reading lamp.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Clean and comfy. Luke warm male receptionist at checkin, had to ask to have our points added to our coast account. usually done automatically before we arrive. nor were we upgraded- they had a flood on our floor and had huge fans drying out the carpets which were very noisy, but in fairness they tuned them off at night. was surprised they were using that floor. didn't eat in restaurant so cant comment. check out receptionist really nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple