“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Me and my girlfriend have stayed here a couple times now and both stays we really enjoyed it. Great feature is 24 hour room service! Very awesome how there is a liquor store right in the building. The restaurants are very delicious too. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Hello and thank you for your post! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us-

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Mackenzie, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I'd stayed in the hotel before and enjoyed my stay, and I should have booked the same room (a pet-freindly twin double bed room), but it being my anniversary I splurged and got the "superior" king room.. Big mistake.. We were told on reserving the room that it was a renovated room with a tub/shower (which we prefer over shower only), but it wasn't, and you'd think for $179 in the winter you'd get a decent bathroom, but it was small and grungy, besides (chipped enamel tub, which had been messily repaired, grout work going black in a number of places). The A/C - furnace very noisy, The 32" TV was the smallest I've ever seen, we had to scootch the sofa closer to compensate, at which point we discovered empty water bottles and old popcorn all over the floor (fair enough?). We were also less than pleased listening to the elevator from 6am onwards (the room is directly beside it), the userous pay per view prices (still in theaters? Really??). We also didn't appreciate having to get out of the 'hot' tub (downstairs beside the pool) every 5 minutes to push that stupid button on the wall (they have a sign up ' don't stay in whirlpool more than 5 minutes' like they're concerned with your health, not their energy costs.. Give us a 10 minutes repreive, at least! Maybe if it was 3-4 degrees hotter in there 5 minutes would be enough, but as it's barely luke-warm.. Also, the black-out curtains in the room didn't extend to cover the sides, letting in alot of light. Room supposed to include bottled water, and didn't. I'm pretty sure this was my last stay, here.

Room Tip: Stay away from 402 (and presumeably all 02's?), they are right next to the elevator. Bathroom i...
1 Thank doug z
Hello and thank you for your comments. My leadership team and I are sorry your experience was what it should have been- we are making improvements in phase 2 to address the issue you have commented on and promise your next stay will be perfect.

Again- thank you for sharing as they help us making each and every stay memorable.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A dissapointing business trip all around...
I typically stay at the Coast Inn of the North when I visit Prince George. Only one other time when they were booked up did I stay at another location. On this visit I booked a suite room in order to have space to meet with some people. The first issue was the wifi... It didn't reach the desk location in the room. I had to take my computer to the bedroom corner to get online. Inconvenient. Next, while I was waiting I tried the TV to watch the news, remote didn't work. Ok, grabbed the bedroom remote and It did the trick. Dead batteries happen but things are not going well here. After my meeting one of the associates commented on how cold my room was. I had not taken my jacket off and was wearing my cap still. Yes, it was cool in there. I turned the heat up and went out for dinner. On my return, I had a chill and the room wasn't warm yet so I went down to the Jacuzzi. It was barely bathwater warm and the jets stay on for about 1 min. Disappointed I finally found heat in the sauna. I wont lie that I wasn't waiting for it to break too. I went back to the room and it was still cool. I cranked the heat all the way and went to bed. In the morning, the bedroom was barely warm (I thing the heated bathroom floor was heating the bedroom) but the living area of the suit was freezing. I was happy to be heading home!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 918.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We booked a room that was suppose to have 2 queen beds. We actually got a room that only had 2 double beds. Not a comfortable sleep for 2 adults especially when my husband is 6'2"!
The wallpaper that was put up in the room was a very poor job, can see bubbles everywhere in the wall paper. The floor seemed slanted in the bathroom and by one of the beds.

Room Tip: When checking in - confirm that you are getting the room you booked
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Hello and thank you for your comments in regards to your most recent visit with us. I was concerned to hear about the mix up with your room request and my team and I are embarrassed and sorry that had happened to you. We are committed to making this right for you on your next visit with us.
Our contractor is slated to finish deficiencies by the end of the month - including the wall paper.
Once again- thank you for sharing your experiences with our team as they allow us to make each and ever stay perfect.

Regards,

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Typical large town/city hotel, friendly reception staff but on the whole an impersonal hotel. Room clean but small, not enough room on the floor to open out 2 shell suitcases. As we were there on a Sunday night there were no other restaurants open nearby that we could find so we were obliged to eat in the hotel. The waitress was very pleasant and the meal was good. Not a lot else to say really.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
jbeltrano, General Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello and thank you for your comments- would be interested in speaking with you further in regards to your comments to help us capture details to improving our services.

Please call me anytime at 250.563.0121

Regards

Joey
Fort St. James, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Overnighted in "renovated" room??? Window curtains would not close properly; television functions but no signal; bathroom tacky with half shower door, no towel bar or clothing hanger and abrasive colour scheme. New bed too deep and soft.

With recent rate increases, would hesitate returning.

Room Tip: Check before accepting.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank George1678
Hello -

thank you for your comments in regards to our rooms. As mentioned in our informational letter, we have experienced a few delays in furniture and key pieces to complete the room. I believe once we complete we will have one of the best room products in our community.

I would be more that happy to discuss the next your in.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed in a reno'ed room -was quite fumey, awoke with a headache each morning. Reno'ed rooms are nice but soundproofing hasn't been improved (can hear next room peeing at night). New bathrooms are nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Larsonbecekie
Hi-

thank you for your comments - we are weeks away from completion of phase one and we are confident your concerns will be corrected.

thank you again- your comments will help our teams.

Cheers