“Travelling Hockey Team and Parents”

Coast Inn of the North
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We travel often and reserved almost 30 rooms. Everyone seemed content with accommodations without incident. We believe we received good value and were treated very professionally. We had numerous requirements, (ex. equipment room, meeting room and social meeting place) and all were filfilled without exception. We felt the hotel staff went above and beyond to making our visit a good experience. Thank you Coast Inn of the North.

Room Tip: All rooms are large while hotel security ensures quietness in the evening to enable a good night sle...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Becky B, Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Blackwhistle14;

Thank you for taking the time to review the Coast Inn of the North! We are happy to know that all of your requests and needs were met so that you and your team could focus on the sport.

We have the best, most professional hospitality team in the area, and I know they will have happy to receive your feedback.

Thank you for choosing Coast Inn of the North - we look forward to hosting you again when you are next in Prince George!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our room was nicely upgraded and reno'd...a vast improvement from the last stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice modern room with very decent furnishings. It was quite large and had two bathrooms, a tv room, dining area and small patio.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a room with a lot of space, book a suite. Ours had one beautiful large full b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Becky B, Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your kind review - we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your staff with the Coast Inn of the North, and would recommend our hotel to your colleagues.

We look forward to your return to our hotel, on your next visit to our city!

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Shared a room with my
cousin for 1 night. Clean, updated more modern. WIFI was good for me but I didn't stick around the hotel for long.

Suggestion: the bathroom has a fan attached to the light...OMG so loud!! If you need to get up in the middle of the night and need to turn on that light, look out, you'll wake up your roomie!! I wanted to wake up earlier and go for coffee but couldn't because of that.

Breakfast was good in the restaurant.

Liquor store, hair salon, spa and other stores are at street level

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Dutch Lady2;
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing about any gaps in our service, or product, so we may act accordingly, to ensure a great experience by all our guests, as they choose us as their home away from home.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you return to our city.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The rooms were not the best in the west but the dinner and service were wonderful, actually some of the best to be found anywhere in the world unless you dine in the really upper class of the world. The food was reasonable and the service was excellent.

When we were there the hearting system was not turning off so we left the window a jar and felt very comfortable in the surroundings..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear, Foresttoday

Thank you for your review of the Coast Inn of the North. We are proud of our service, and of our quality of food, and are happy to know you had a pleasant dining experience.

We look forward to hosting you again, when next you visit our city!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

If you are looking for a room with high speed internet, I would not recommend Coast Inn of the North. The internet speed is like having dial up - painfully slow. Restaurants like Tim Hortons and McDonalds have much better internet.
Everything else was fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear LGogag

Thank you for your review of our property. We think you will pleased to know that we have heard your concern, and are taking action accordingly. We are currently upgrading all of our internet access, including Wi Fi to ensure suitable connectivity, for all of our Guests. We trust that on your next visit, you will be pleased with our upgrades.

Again, thank you for providing feedback, as it provides an opportunity to increase our service to our Guests, for an exceptional experience for all who visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I checked in on Valentines Evening, room 612, for just an overnight. I was exhausted from numerous flight delays. The noise started at 2:00 a.m. in the hallways and went on and off till 5:00 a.m. from Valentines day party revellers. Needless to say the noise in the hall was so loud at times it trumped my exhaustion. I showered at 6:30 a.m. to my dismay the bathtub was full of , it looked to me as grout spots from tiles that must have been newly set and was never cleaned.
The room was nice and the bed comfy.
Upon check-out at 7:30 a.m. the front desk agent asked me how my stay was and I described the aforementioned. I was offered a free breakfast but declined as I was on a schedule. The agent then advised me she would make note of my experience so that there would be a record
for the next time I visit the hotel.
With a comment like that I really could not resist but to advise the agent: "Do you really think there will be a next time ?"
At this Hotel Service Quality is really a Rocket Science.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear, Robert K;

Thank you for your review of the Coast Inn of the North. We regret that you had this experience with the level of housekeeping in your room, as this does not meet Coast Hotels' standard for our guestrooms. Though it does not change your experience, we hope you take comfort in knowing we have heard your concern, and will action accordingly.

Further, the noise you experienced in our hallways is not typical. We reviewed our communications to groups that stay with us regarding quiet times in the hotel. Additionally, we have coached our Ambassadors to ensure that any noise is addressed in a timely manner, in accordance to our procedures.

We are happy to know that our Front Desk staff made the offer to make it right, and we do hope that you will return to our property when you are next in Prince George.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at the Coast again for a one nights stay in Jan. the room had been upgraded since my last visit and is very nice. My only complaint is that the showers are now 'Mexico style' without a door. I found the back half of the shower cold as a breeze from the bathroom kept coming in. Super comfortable beds, my room was spotless. I used the gym and while small, it did the trick. Free parking is always a bonus. Check in and out was a breeze with very friendly staff. My room didnt have a menu or guide for the hotel and the front desk staff brought me one upstairs. The Coast is my go to in PG.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Becky B, Manager at Coast Inn of the North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback - we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay - and that our renovations were suitable! Our team looks forward to hosting you on your next visit to Prince George.

Best regards,