You'll have a fabulous time if you go in with no expectations. This may be the premier hotel for business travellers to Prince George, but you'll likely get no work done while staying here.
The wifi was painfully slow, with the signal disappearing on a consistent basis. If trying to answer emails, don't bother downloading files. I've experience dial-up faster than this wifi.
As for the room... Yes, it is remodelled and appears clean. However, the walls are fairly thin; I can hear when my neighbours are entering or exiting their rooms, and can also tell you when they were in the bathroom. The fan in the room was supposed to provide heating if you set it to 25 degrees. Problem is, it isn't heating the room as cold air was streaming out directly onto the bed all night. The shower had half a pane of glass separating it from the rest of the bathroom; unfortunately, this just doesn't work unless you like flooding the bathroom floor with water.
After one night, I couldn't wait to leave, but check-out took at least 14 minutes (from when I started timing it). The front desk clerk took his time talking to the customer - which is great, when there is no line up - while another guest and I waited. Instead of processing the line, he was chatting about pets, the weather... I suppose to his credit, he did pick up several phone calls while the rest of us continued to wait.
When it was finally my turn to check-out, and I asked if he could call a cab, the response was for me to go outside around the corner and see if there was one already lined up. If not, I could come back in and he'll call me a cab. I wasn't expecting Four Seasons' level of service, but the level of service and attention is depressing.
If I ever return to Prince George, and once the new Delta is built, I will happily take my company's business there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 9-story Hotel situated within the downtown business area. With newly renovated rooms (2014) we are delighted to host you as our Guest. When you stay with us, our friendly ambassadors will treat you as family - and provide service that you will want to tell others about. If there is anything you require during your stay, to make your stay with us more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to contact our front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coast Inn of the North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coast Inn Of The North Hotel Prince George
- Coast Hotel Prince George