“Overall, another satisfactory stay!”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 29 June 2011

First of all, let me say that we often stay at this Ramada. The rooms are being renovated, but all the tower suite rooms are very nice so I would definitely request these. We were a little surprised that we had a 'murphy bed' room. A little disappointed as it is a smaller room with no bathtub, but still very clean and nice. The hotel staff is always very friendly and the phone call to welcome you and ask if you need anything is a nice touch. The location is MUCH better than it used to be as the bar across the street has closed down and there is very little 'undesirable' traffic now. The parkade, although a little inconvenient, has always proved safe for us so that is good. It will be nice when there is a restaurant open again in the hotel. Overall, a good stay. We will continue to stay at this hotel in the future!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnygirl0524
RPGCA_Manager, Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Thank you for your review sunnygirl! As always we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to drop us a note on your stay!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the Murphy rooms are quite different but still with their charm ;) And if you like the Tower Suite rooms just wait for our renovated rooms, we are scheduled to have a floor back and in service mid-september to mid-october. Also I am extatic that you have noticed the difference downtown! It has been a rough road, but we are excited to finally see some changes happening. The PG hotel is slated to be taken down this fall and new construction hopefully in early 2012, but it is all just speculation at this time, but we will keep all of you updated as we know.

Thanks again sunnygirl and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2011

Staff at checkin would not let me use facilities to freshen up and change for a meeting (room not ready until check in time) despite me having previously called and asked if this was possible. it really messed up my day. I went elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Hello Jtt88,
I apologize that we were unable to meet your request for an early check in, as with all guest requests we try our hardest to fill them and in this case we were unfortunately unable to meet your expectations. As always our public facilities are available to all guests to freshen up and change in and are open 24 hours for your convenience, but it appears that this was not suitable for you and I apologize.

I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future and I trust that we will do better next time.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

the hotel was good, the staff ok, the room was great, the secure parking was excellent, but the area is very quiet in the evening with most of the local buinsness in the are empty making it look run down, a shame

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you mandr268 for your review. We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel!

It is a downtown area in transition that is for sure. Currently the City is actively looking to fill the open spaces to bring life back to the downtown core and we are looking to help in any way possible. There are a lot of new and exciting things in the pipeline for the area and we look forward to seeing the downtown grow!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

The rooms seemed clean enough although they were on the shabby side (ripped curtains and old carpet). Also, the neighbourhood was questionable so we didn't venture out at night. However we received excellent service and good value so we were generally happy with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Ramada wrongly charged us for two missing blankets. When I called them to dispute the charge they made it sound like I had taken the two blankets. Now why would anyone take two blankets when they are on holidays? We had requested for two beds and got one king sized bed and one sofa bed which was terrible to sleep on, and plus there was no blankets on the sofa bed at all. It is now apparent that Ramada have charged us for PREVIOUSLY MISSING BLANKETS.

The entrance of it looks grand and impressive, but don't get fooled by it, the rooms are uncomfortable. I would not recommended anyone staying at this place. And if you DO DECIDE TO STAY, make sure you ask the front desk exactly WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE ROOM otherwise you might be charged for their missing items.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bukitt

Hello bukitt,

I apologize that you had a negative experience at our hotel, and with our correspondence back and forth outside of this venue I know that we were able to rectify the situation promptly within 24 hours of your stay and have also taken the necessary steps to ensure that a situation such as this does not arise again.

We had called a meeting to discuss with our housekeeping team the importance of a proper inventory daily. All of the team has been brought up to speed on this incident, and are fully aware of the impact that this has had on you as a guest. I assure you that there are new policies that have been put in place and we trust that this will not be an issue in the future.

I encourage you to come and visit us again to allow us to leave a positive impression with you. As I had said in our emails, please feel free to contact me if you would like to stay again so that I can ensure that your stay is personally addressed.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

We stayed at the Ramada in PG 2 separate nights, about a week a part. First of all, we ended up using points for the room, so we didn't pay anything for it so we thought it was a great deal! Our 2 rooms were different. The 1st room was really big with a really nice, fancy, new bathroom. The 2nd room seemed a bit older (mainly the bathroom) and it was smaller. Both rooms had really nice bedding (white blankets, sheets etc), and were clean, flatscreen tvs, room service etc. Anyway we were very happy with the rooms and the room service (to the pub downstairs). The parking is a little annoying as it's in a parkade kind of far away. Anyway I recommend this hotel, but as I used my points I am not sure if it is expensive or not. We didn't go anywhere near the hotel because we used room service both times.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
RPGCA_Manager, Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you chose to use your Wyndham Rewards points to stay with us. As members we know that you have your choice of Wyndham properties and we are excited that you picked us!

Again thank you for your review and we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 February 2011

I stayed here twice in 2010, once in July and another time in June, both times I stayed just one night and both nights I received the same level of service.

I arrived before check-in each time and the staff were very friendly and able to keep my bag stored away until I came back. I arrived back at 4pm each time and my I was provided by bag quickly and went up to my room.

The rooms were just adequate and the same both time. I didn't check out the facilities but instead went for a jog around town, which was nice. The second time I jogged to the YMCA which is a nice facility.

During my stay I walked to all the locations that I wanted to go to and never did I feel awkward on the streets of PG.

Overall I would recommend this hotel. Supposedly there was a shady bar across the street that was a bit sketchy, but it had closed down prior to my first stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business