“Nice renovations - glass shower not for everyone”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Kamloops, Canada
“Nice renovations - glass shower not for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

In spite of an aging exterior, this hotel has been fixed up nicely; from the lobby to the room details.
The rooms are decorated in dark, modern tones, with all surfaces appearing to have been remodeled. The TV was big and the bed excellent.
One of the most remarkable parts was the large, tiled and glass shower, which is open for all in the room to see. This creates a very open feeling, but wouldn't work for too many couples. I had to wonder if they did that in the double queen rooms too! (hope not..)
Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your comments, CM, and I hope we get a chance to see you again. Our room renovations, which will finally be completed this summer, are being very well received by our guests, and we look forward to the next phase, which will include an updated facade for the exterior of the building. Thanks again for taking the time to post your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I have been travelling in for many years and this is only the second time that I have been able
to enjoy a gulten free breakfast while on the road. Also the coffee shop at the end of the
street had a selection of gulten free homemade snacks.
The staff were very nice and helpful.
We enjoyed a great! Greek meal at the blue resturant that you can see across the road.
The beds were amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback, Cindy Y, we always appreciate it when a guest takes the time to comment on their stay. Our gluten-free, lactose-free, and diabetic-friendly dining options (also included in our Sunday Brunch) are very popular. We hope to see you back at the Ramada when you are in Prince George again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Two points:
The bathroom glass wall is a very bad idea. It has no - absolutely no - sound insulation and obviously no light blackout. Just try using the toilet during the night without disturbing your partner!
The bathroom mirror is backlit. Impossible to use for shaving or applying makeup.

• Stayed May 2013
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thanks very much for your feedback, Taistealfear1, we always appreciate it when a guest takes the time out of their busy schedule to provide their perspective. The new renovations represent a marked change from the original style of the rooms, and have some very non-traditional features, such as the glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom. We recognize that not everone will appreciate the changes in the same way, thus we do have a number of rooms with a more traditional styling that are available should you visit us again in the future.
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

The renovated rooms are very nice, although I wasn't keen on the dark hallways. The beds are comfortable. My main complaint was the lack of information provided by the front desk. I asked about parking and was just told it was across the road. No mention of how to get into the parkade, or that I needed to keep my room card after check out to get back into the parkade. It would have been helpful if there were some instructions in the room about getting privacy in the bathroom.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback, nitpicker101. We strive to provide the best possible guest experience and clearly we did not meet that objective with you. I have met with our Guest Services Team and we discussed the importance of communicating these types of things to each and every guest. I am sorry we failed to do that for you.
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I travel to pg often and I have had fairly good experiences at this hotel. The rooms are upgraded and lovely. Beds are very comfortable. Heated bathroom floors and rain head showers are very zen-like. Lighting not so good in bathroom and no fan. Gym is well equipped and pool is clean. Hot tub not hot enough to kill bacteria and just a warm tub.

While I have ordered room service many times from coaches corner the hotel resto, it has been fast and usually very good. This visit I went for some wings and a beer and it took 40 minutes and there were only about 6 other tables. I decided to give the resto another shot last night and went for pizza. I ordered quickly as I wanted to get them going as soon as possible to avoid a 40 min wait again. 40 minutes later my server informed me that when they were taking out the pizza it stuck to the oven. Now they were making me another one. 10 minutes later my pizza arrived. It was overdone and on my 3rd bite I was chewing and started to choke. I spat out my mouthful and there was a plastic bread tab in my pizza!!! I was so disgusted, I took my plate to server and told her my discovery. While she was apologetic and offered another to be delivered to my room, the thought of eating anything these clowns made disgusted me. I am pretty sure that the pizza that took 40 mins that got stuck to the oven was re-cheesed and dressed up to fix the error rather than a new one made since it only took another 10 minutes after the original 40 min wait. My husband was so horrified he called the hotel to describe my experience and suggested they cover the cost of my Pizza Hut pizza at minimum (I finally had dinner at 10:30 pm!). I am still at the hotel and I have not heard from anyone. I would not recommend this restaurant. The Keg is 1 minute walk by, Tony Roma and Cira's (mediterranean) very close by.

1 Thank Mamatufive
On behalf of the entire team here, mamatufive, I am so very sorry for what must have been an awful experience for you during your most recent stay. There is no excuse for what happened to you, including the lack of follow-up after the fact. I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you to make things right, and would thus appreciate it if you would contact me directly.