“good but lacking”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Prince George, Canada
“good but lacking”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

i stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and found things to be lacking. the hallways are full of nicks and scrapes on the doors. the new carpet that they laid down was not put down properly as it is lifting and bubbling up in parts. the room is new and modern but although missing some key things. there is no where in the shower to set the soap down. when i phoned and asked i was told by a very rude girl at the front desk with a snippy voice that some of the rooms have not been finished. no where on the website, at time of checkin, or making the reservation was I advised of this. the maintenance and cleanliness is lacking as well. the air vent in the bathroom was severly full of thick and heavy dust. there was grout left on the shower faucet. i found the room to be noisy with all the traffic outside, and noise from the rooms next door and the hallway. you can hear the shower in the room upstairs as it is not very well insulated as you can hear the creaking of the shower base. when i checked in there was a big leak in the lobby, once i got to my room and went to have a shower, there was no water pressure. i phoned the lobby and got the same rude snotty front desk lady and inquired. I was rudely told that they shut the main off with the leak. i asked how long and was abruptly told when it is fixed. she claimed she never new but there was a waterfall pouring through the roof in the lobby. all in all the new decor is nice and the room is modern, they really missed the boat on the service and will be reluctant to stay there again.

Room Tip: i stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and found things to be lacking. the hallways are full...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I am very sorry the level of service we expect our staff to deliver was not there for you, and the matter will be addressed accordingly. As you mentioned in your review, at the time of your check-in on Saturday evening we had experienced a major water line break in the main lobby and no doubt that emergency situation played a part in what you experienced. Although we are in the process of modifying a number of the guest rooms that were completed earlier in the renovation, all of our available guest rooms are finished, and under no circumstances will we put a guest in an unfinished room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Recent Reno delivers an interesting and enjoyable decor in the rooms and common areas. Room clean, bed comfortable and linens/ pillows high quality. Did not like being asked to decline a charitable contribution on the same form where the rate was highlighted and I committed not to smoke in the room. There is a time and place for everything and this is not the time or the place for me to consider charitable givings. The bathroom glass walls are weird. We have a glass walled shower at home so that is no big deal but we enjoy privacy while using the toilet. On check in the clerk volunteered that the walls become translucent when the lights are on which was not the case for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, Krats510, we do appreciate guest feedback. The glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom turn opaque when the door is completely closed, providing privacy to anyone in the bathroom. I do apologize for any confusion around that issue.
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We came to stay the night, un benownced to us two weddings were being held in the same hotel. We would have enjoyed our stay if it was not for the 3am rude awakening due to drunken wedding patrons yelling and banging on the walls from the people in the room next to us. Sorry Ramada but can't give a good review, going home with a miserable family.

• Stayed August 2013
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I appreciate getting your feedback, Shadowshad, it's a very important piece of our commitment to continuous improvement. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted by other guests, and I understand how disappointing that would be. There are measures we can take in room assigments that can minimize the chances of this occurring, but in spite of those efforts this will sometimes still occur.
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Ramada was not my first choice, but as choices 1 and 2 had no room at the inn I ended up here and I am so glad I did. I had been driving for 12 hours, so arrived around 2100 hrs and thankfully managed to secure a king size room. The only odd thing is that there is no parking attached to this hotel. Parking is available in a secure car park just around the corner and the hotel does offer free valet parking. Check-in was quick and efficient. I was told that room service was available and a hotel guide would be in my room where I could peruse the menu. Unfortunately nothing of the sort was in my room, but after a call down to reception a menu was brought up to my room. The hotel does not have a dedicated room service menu, instead everything that is available in the pub/restaurant downstairs is available for order. Room service was very friendly and the food was great.
The new rooms are great, very modern and slick. Unlike other reviewers I had no issues with the glass bathroom as the glass wall goes opaque once the bathroom door is closed. The room was very clean and spacious, including a desk with two chairs, large TV and plenty of storage space. The bed was very comfortable with six pillows! The view was not much, but then I wasn't there for the view. Yes this hotel is pricier than others in town, but in my opinion it was well worth it. I did not get a chance to try out the pool and hot tub, so cannot provide comments on those.

Room Tip: Renovations are currently ongoing and seem to have moved into the more public areas, for that reason...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback from your stay, SimoneT8988, we really do appreciate it. We are working hard to be the best we can be, and I hope we get the opportunity to see you at the Ramada Prince George again.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly.
I use the fitness facility and it is sufficient and clean.
The valet parking is great as the parking lot is off site. The staff were quick to retrieve my car when needed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank-you, BonBon 1965, for taking the time to provide the feedback on your stay. It is very important to us and an essential component of our commitment to continuous improvement. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Prince George!
Spruce Grove
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the new suites and they are beautiful but, there is almost NO privacy for the use of washroom for people. You can hear every sound of the person using the washroom and the glass that portions the bathroom from bedroom does not offer much privacy. We had to shut the lights off in the washroom in order to ensure that the persona silhouette was not seen while they were showering. The room would be ok for a couple but, for co workers sharing a room for business travel I would not recommend it at all. A glass wall that turns opaque is a near idea but not necessarily for a hotel. I do not want to continuously look at the toilet and the shower as I spend a night at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your comments, Tammy H, guest feedback is very important to us. I am very sorry to hear that the room style was problematic for you.
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We just had our wedding reception at the Ramada and they were wonderful to work with. Their new catering sales manager, Max-Peter, was awesome and super accommodating. The food was great and we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience there.

I had a lot of family come from out of town and stayed in the hotel leading up to the wedding. Everyone was pleased with the cleanliness and style of the hotel rooms. Please note that the shower doors are clear to the room until you shut the bathroom door. It's really not a big deal at all since they go opaque as soon as the washroom door is closed. I would recommend the Ramada for both a wedding reception and over night stay in Prince George. Cheers!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pat M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you very much, Billie S, for taking the time to provide your feedback, and thank you for the kind words. We work very hard to provide the best possible guest experience and our entire staff really appreciate hearing back from our guests. I hope we get to see you again at the Ramada Prince George!