“Nice Hotel”

Ramada Plaza Prince George
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is located in downtown Prince George, we stayed overnight Sunday so everything was closed around the hotel so I can't comment on the area. The hotel is renovating and we stayed in one of the new rooms. The room was excellent, service at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We had a room with a King bed and a huge bathroom with a walk in show with the rainfall shower head. The two problems with the bathroom? Lovely shower but there was no shelf of any kind so you had to put your shampoo and soap on the floor, not convenient. Then there was the lighting. The bathroom has an opaque glass wall between the bathroom and the bed, which looks nice but not if someone is using the bathroom at night and your mate is trying to sleep as it lights up the sleeping area pretty well. Looks nice but not practical.

We at at the restaurant/bar called Coach's Corner in the hotel, very lively and the pizza was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for the review of the Ramada prince George Ronald B.

we appreciate hearing from all of our guests. We are happy to hear how much you liked your room and and the helpful staff. The rainfall showerhead is a big bonus for a lot of people. The issue with the shower shelf and the light has been recognized and we are currently in the process of going through the rooms and adding shelves and extra lighting. We also are dismayed to hear that the light through the glass was disturbing for you.

We are happy to hear that you liked the pizza in Coach's Corner.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Ramada Prince George on your next travels to the area.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Prince George

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A stopover on the VIA rail journey from Jasper to Prince Rupert. In a not very salubrious part of town, this very sleek and modern hotel was a surprise. I feel it was a case of style over substance though. It was a very low key greeting at reception, no info on wifi, dinner options etc. It was far too dark in the room, it had an excellent bed and good shower but there was a lot of leakage. To enter Coaches (what we thought was the restaurant but was in fact a sports bar) from the marbled lobby was a bit of a shock, like a dark underworld at first, however the food and service was excellent – apart from the gross eggs and potatoes on the buffet breakfast. They did us a great packed lunch for the train journey next day too. I can’t comment on price as it was part of a package. All in all it was a little bit of luxury on a very tiring journey but they could have done things better. It's still better than your average hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Prince George cheekychubbychops. We are happy to hear that your liked your stay. We are are sorry to hear about the low key check in and the issues with the food on the buffet. They will be looked into. We are also sorry about the pub not being explained to you properly. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your packed lunch.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Ramada Prince George when you next journey this way.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is close to some nice restaurants, but the valet parking is in a separate building that they say is secure. It isn't. And don't expect your car or be moved from out front the hotel immediately. The front desk clerks are the valets. While I was checking in, he must have answered 3 phone calls, while the other agent stood around.

Also, the front desk staff are a bit... Slow. Not great communicators. I had to ask wifi details and directions to my room.. Among other things. When I asked about the luggage cart, they pointed it out to me, then the clerk went to take it.. Right when I needed it. Then when I asked him about it, he said it was for me. Odd again, not great communicators.

The room itself is clean, but the toilet wasn't. The kicker is that the shower is odd. Completely glass on both the bathroom and room side. There is a glass wall - so someone can see you from the room while you are in bathroom. I had to call down to the front desk to find out that in order for no one else in the room to see you showering... You had to completely close the bathroom door, then the glass becomes opaque. Cool, but NOT practical - and the lack of information is disappointing. You could tell the front desk explains that one a lot.

Not ideal. For that, I'd recommend staying elsewhere if traveling with friends and not your partner. No one else can use the bathroom while you are showing without exposing you. Weird.

The rooms themselves are small with no fridges. I often out my yoga mat at the foot of the bed to do yoga between the end of the bed and the tv cabinet...this was too tight.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Pat M, Rooms Division Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, Alulalei, we appreciate it very much. I do apologize for the service shortcomings you experienced on your visit, and as well, your disappointment in the room design. The Ramada Prince George provides complimentary valet parking for all of our guests wishing to take advantage of the service, and the parkade used for parking is key access controlled, and patrolled throughout the day and night.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed a couple times at the Ramada Prince George. My stay overall was less than I expected. The main issue I ran into was at the pub, coach's corner. This incident happened when I was with a couple of colleagues the other day. The waitress we were assigned, Jenna, not only did we wait around 5 minutes for drinks but we had to overhear an argument she was having with her boyfriend on the phone. It was overly loud and threats were uttered. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. After the phone call, instead of coming over to serve us, she started talking about how much her hair cut cost to one of the chefs. After witnessing that It's really disappointing for a 4 star hotel to have this kind of staff. My colleagues and I will not be coming back to stay or eat at your hotel. I hope the management team will hire more professional staff in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Christine M.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your review Christine M, we appreciate hearing from all of our guests. We like to pride ourselves on our professionalism and service. It seems we missed the mark in you case, which I sincerely apologize for. It is unfortunate that you had to wait for your drink orders, or to listen to personal conversations while waiting to be served. The server in question has been talked to and it was emphasized that this is not acceptable behaviour in front of guests. I hope you will reconsider your decision in the future about staying with us again. We would welcome the opportunity to show you proper hospitality and professionalism.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My main comment is in regards to the room design. I stayed in one of the new rooms and generally it was excellent. Three quibbles: the lighting in the bathroom is such that I could not see well to shave. I assume that women would experience the same with makeup. The door on the shower enclosure is designed so water goes over the floor. Also there is no shelf for your soap and shampoo.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Kevin E, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Prince George, Brian B.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. The issues with the lighting in the bathroom and the shelf has been identified as an issue in some of our earlier renovated rooms. We have added more bathroom lighting and a shower shelf in our more recently renovated rooms, and will be going back to the previous ones to correct those. On your next stay at the Ramada Prince George, please request a premiere room on 5th or 6th floor, as these have the added improvements.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The new updated rooms and bathrooms are very nice. I think some of the best in Prince George. The staff was courteous, and helpful. It was nice to have valet parking. A room with a view would be much better.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Prince George.We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the magic glass and Valet service. We are sorry to hear of your problems with the room view and the movie system. On your next stay with us, please request a room on a high floor facing the street, as this will provide a better view. As for the movies, if you would be willing to contact me, I would greatly appreciate it so that I may look into why the advertised movies were not available.