“Nice addition to the dining experience.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rockford Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 229 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Asian, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prince George, Canada
“Nice addition to the dining experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Love it. Try the sirloin steak sandwich. Good food, mostly good service, except for a couple of times. Recommend.

Prince George
“Strange setup”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

First and foremost the food here is lovely. On the expensive side but very well cooked and presented. The menu is contemporary with a few classics. However, it isnt a place where I dine regularly due to the fact that the restaurant seems to have an identity problem. The food and decor is modern and could be classed as fine dining, HOWEVER, the waitress attire, the screened sports on every wall make it more like a truckers sports bar - not a place I enjoy going to especially when the price of a meal with drinks is high.

1 Thank twinkletoes5477
Victoria, Canada
“Interesting variety on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I have had a few dishes here but my favourite so far is the blackened chicken burger. I asked for it to be deconstructed as I did not want the bread. They honoured my request and the dish not only looked nice but tasted great. The only issue I have is that the service has been inconsistent each time I have been at the restaurant. Sometimes it has been very efficient and other times not. I have only been there once when the place was full and that was one of the times the service was quite good.

Prince George, Canada
“Over-promises, under-delivers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I went there on a Saturday night with friends, based on a recommendation from another friend. We were told it was "fine dining" so we were all dressed up for a night on the town, other patrons had on sweatpants and ball caps so it wasn't really the ambiance we were looking for. Music was blasting which made conversation difficult. Service was terrible. Normally I'd have a couple of cosmopolitans before dinner on a night like this, but the drinks were awful and the waitress never came back so I saved some money on beverages. I had the peppercorn steak, which I had ordered well-done but it was pink on the outside and bleeding rare on the inside. Again, the waitress never came back so I didn't have the opportunity to return it. My partner had the ribs, concensus at the table was that yes, they were supposed to be "asian fusion" but we still thought they just tasted weird. My friends were also unimpressed with their meals. The prices were at the fine dining level, but the service, food quality and ambiance were sub-par.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BC
“Excellent food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

While staying at the Sandman Signature Hotel a friend and I had breakfast two mornings at the Rockford Restaurant. Excellent food, well presented at reasonable prices. Lots of choices for breakfast including a Tijuana Frittata for those of us who do not want the traditional breakfast. I suggest you try it.

• Visited July 2011