“Fun and good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2013

There were lots of great dishes on the menu at Rockford and over the week we stayed in Prince George we tried a number of them. The food was always cooked perfectly with lots of flavor.
The Thai soup was delicious, there was a variety of great loose-leaf teas and we loved the Oceanwise seafood options.
They offered lots of alternate options in their rice and noodle bowls for vegetarians and took any food allergy very seriously.
The servers were friendly and respectful.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Have eaten here three times, twice for dinner and one breakfast, reasonable, good service and a nice bar with great staff, what more could you want? The standout for me was the wok seared broccolini with garlic and Parmesan cheese, really really good and quite a lot of it for an appetizer, had Mumbai prawns for the second time, first time was better but they still held up well and I finished it all. Great pub like atmosphere, conversation was easy with the staff and other customers and they had sports on the flat screens too. I will be back.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Sandman for one night and had a beer and a burger in the restaurant which was very good. The chicken caesar salad was dripping in garlic and in hindsight I should have sent it back but didn't and suffered the next day !! Everything else was good and the waiting staff were excellent and it had a lovely atmosphere. Very out of the way though unless you are staying at the hotel. Not sure I'd drive miles to eat there.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed thoroughly my "Chicago" med. Rear steak at Rockfords in Prince George. Best I've had in a long time. Thumbs up.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at the Sandman where the Rockford was attached. We decided to go there for breakfast our first morning as it was convenient for us. We both ordered bacon and eggs with marble rye toast. I ordered a tomato juice and we had coffees. The menu said three pieces of crispy bacon, so I saw no need to ask them to make my bacon crispy. Our orders arrived and the first thing we did was ask that the server take the plates back as the bacon was scary raw. I said to the server I would have asked for crispy, but the menu said it was crispy. NO comment was offered back. The server took our plates away and a few minutes returned with everything but the bacon and told us to start on that first and he would bring our bacon when done. Now, I prefer to eat my breakfast as one meal, but did not want to complain further because who knows what would end up on the plate besides my meal. The toast.. I mean bread because my toast was only warmed up, not actually toasted... was stale tasting and almost inedible. My potatoes were very bland and not appealing. We finally got the bacon back and my three pieces were all stuck together so have no idea what the chef did back there but I ate it as knew we had a long day ahead of us. When we got our bill for two I almost had a heart attack. Two orders of bacon (3 strips each only) and eggs, two coffees and a tomato juice set us back about $40.00 I guess as B.C. means Bring Cash some places in Prince George (P.G.) means Price Gougers. Oh, and an apology for this terrible breakfast? Non-existant.. the server did not even comment on it at all, like it happens all the time and he expects the complaints.