“Great Chicken Salad”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

At $12.50, the BBQ CHICKEN & GREENS is a great deal. The garlic dressing and smoly flavor of the chicken made it a fantastic meal.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Up from the lower mainland on business and had the opportunity to dine at The Copper Pig. I found the atmosphere and food very satisfying. The restaurant was busy and bustling. The menu had a wide range of smoked meats and drink specials. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who would like to try something different.

1  Thank Pit_Master_G
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am an ex- Prince Georgite back visiting friends and family for the first time in many years. My aunt suggested we try her friends son's restaurant and so we did. The son and owner greeted us upon arrival but placed us in the least desirable place in the restaurant. No special treatment here. The menu was good and as it was lunch on a hot day I opted for BBQ Beef Brisket Salad and was delighted. Good taste and fair price. One of the highlights for me was the wine list was all from B.C. No other region or country needed. Waiter was pleasant and efficient. Atmosphere just ok so it was good that I liked reminiscing with my auntie. I would go back for sure and see what the evening menu and atmosphere has to offer.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great atmosphere, fabulous service and good food! We sat at the bar (as it was so busy!) and had a wonderful server/bartender that helped us navigate through the menu and was very helpful at suggesting bar selections. (Some of which we'll definitely be searching for here at home!)

1  Thank lindenCR
Reviewed 17 June 2013

When word got out tat there would be a place specializing in genuine barbecue in Prince George, BC, I was excited. This is my all time favorite cuisine. So I've been twice and while there are some tasty items and the atmosphere is nice, the food ranges from only good to mediocre. In the latter category, alas, I include that staplest of staples in real BBQ pork ribs. When I can say, as I do in this case, that I can do better at home, that's a clincher for me. The really good BBQ joints always surpass what most home home gourmands can manage (unless they have specialized smoke cookers which I don't).

Worse, there are chains in this town whose BBQ ribs are at least as good and in some cases better. This said, the brisket sandwich is pretty good and the sides also better than average (for this town, that is, not compared to places like Vancouver's Memphis Blues or the myriad of great places in the US of A.)

1  Thank BellaCoolaman