“Getting worse everytime”

Shiraz Cafe & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiraz Cafe & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Getting worse everytime”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have been there three (or four?) times. They started really well but every time I visit I can see the size of their dishes shrinking! The last time, I ordered golden berry rice that was so little; more of an appetizer than main dish. I don't know why they are "stealing" from their own dishes, I expect that one meal should be big enough to make me full. My girl friend never eats much but even she agreed that there wasn't enough food in the plate.
Their appetizers are good though. I would say, it's an average restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Albert417

Prince George, Canada
“It was like a mini vacay to Persia!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Just visited Shiraz and was pleasantly surprised. The owner greeted us at the door and was so very welcoming. Throughout the evening he visited our table to check on things and answer any questions we had. It made us feel great to have such attention and we learned so much about Persia/Iran and the city of Shiraz and interesting tidbits about the way of life there. Thank you so much. The food was great and some of the menu items were noted with info on how it is served in Persia. This made the experience more authentic. I have travelled all over the world and it is nice to see Prince George is restaurant scene is starting to open up.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Teresa J
Prince George, Canada
“The only and best Persian in the region...”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This restaurant has great authentic food and occasionally live entertainment, and the prices are very reasonable. Located at Parkwood, so very easy to find or stumble across. Don't miss this one.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank chris v
Prince George, Canada
“Hoping they get their act together........”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've been there 4 times. First let me say that the place is friendly and by and large I've had a good experience each time. The first time there was fantastic entertainment for a reasonable cover charge. It's nice to have an unusual ethnic restaurant in town and I hope they manage to make a go of it but it seems it's becoming an uphill battle. The first was with a group of 6 and 2 had to send cold food back to be heated. The second was with a group of 5 and 1 had to have food reheated. The 4th time there were two of us. We ordered an appy of samosas to share and two orders arrived at the table. The waitress apologized for the mistake and we accepted just the one order. The main course: one was a totally wrong order and the other had to be sent back to be heated. For desert we both ordered the baclava which was rather dry. The owner apologized, discounted the bill and explained that there were two problems to over-come...one was a language barrier in the kitchen and the other was a lack of proper kitchen equipment. He explained that new equipment was on order and should be in place early in March. I certainly hope so as I have reservations with a group on March 23rd. The young manager/owner is personable and the menu unique so I wish this new operation success. If this were my establishment I'd lose most of the distracting wall hung tv's.

• Visited February 2013
Prince George
“A good choice”
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

I was excited to try a new non traditional restaurant in town. We went for lunch and frankly mixed reviews. The dinner menu and lunch are the same and I thought the entree portion sizes are a tad small. The chicken dish we ordered " faisanjan" had 2 tiny pieces of chicken in it - in fact it was a bowl of sauce. The sauce was a bit lacking in walnut flavor but had a nice sweet and sour (not Chinese like) balance. The lamb was very tender but not unlike what I can do at home easily in my slow cooker. The appetizer dips and the light crackers were the best part - very good! The rice was fluffy and colourful but not particularly flavorful and the standard salad came with a nice dressing on the side. I definitely will go back for a second try.

2 Thank salmonpg