“Totally Delicious!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Fabulous Iranian cuisine.
Delicious food and an interesting menu.
Dishes are very flavourful (but no spicy hot seasoning).
We are looking forward to returning to sample more of the menu.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We came here for lunch (they open at 11:30) and were met with a genuinely warm welcome. The menu was explained in detail (Persian food is more akin to Greek - well spiced, but not 'spicy'.. Good to know!). I had the Baba Ghanoush for a starter, which is enough for 2-3 to share, and for the main I had lamb (bone-in) with an extra kebab, seasoned to perfection, falling off the bone, with just the right amount of crackling.. For dessert we had the baklava, which is different in that it is not so sickly-sweet as some variations I have tried.. There is more more nuts, less honey.. Very nice with some unsweetened tea to cleans the palate! The service was friendly, and attentive (our waiter was the son of the owner), and we weren't waiting long for our food. I can't speak for the authenticity (glad to hear from a member hear that it IS), but we could definitely tell that every effort was being made (we were informed, after inquiring, that the dried berries on the baklava which we thought were pomegranates were in fact another, rarer fruit native to Iran and shipped from Vancouver. We will assuredly be making this one of our go-to restaurants when visiting Prince George, and we look forward to trying dinner here and sampling the live music. The atmosphere is warm and clean, with few tacky tchotchkes that often litter foreign restaurants to unfortunate excess. There are 2 monitors with changing images (Iranian scenery, woman's lib activity in Iran, etc). Very impressed!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Each time I eat at Shiraz, I am met with genuine hospitality and quality Iranian cuisine. Beyond the flavor-packed entrees and exotic wine menu, Shiraz exudes Iranian culture at every turn. From the tablecloths to the artwork, Shiraz offers a rare and authentic glimpse into Persian culture. The owner, Reza, personally greeted us and showed us to our table. His personal attention to detail always ensures that his guests have a memorable and highly pleasurable experience. Ultimately, Shiraz offers the citizens of Prince George the unique opportunity to experience Iranian culture first hand. Five stars.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my first time, and I enjoyed the restaurant atmosphere, and the food was good. I enjoyed the Chicken and the rice. The Baklava dessert was awesome.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We eat at Shiraz quite often. As an Iranian I am so proud that Prince George finally has a Persian restaurant. Now whenever I want to treat my Canadian friends I take them to Shiraz to experience Iranian hospitality and great tasting food! All persian dishes at Shiraz are authentic,freshly prepared and taste home made! I strongly recommend visiting Shiraz in Prince George!