“Thrilled that Aruntha's back”

Aruntha's Ceylon Garden
Ranked #88 of 234 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Left PG a few years ago and came back to a "changed" Spicy Green. What happened? Was told to go to Curry Kingdom. Not nearly the same as the fresh and wonderfully flavourful meals I had when Spicy Green first opened. Imagine my joy when I was told that Aruntha (original cook at Spicy Green) had re-opened the defunct Spicy Green as the Ceylon Garden.

Although some complain about how long it takes to get your meal, I feel it is well worth the wait to be able to eat the best and freshest Sri Lankan/Indian cuisine in town. Hey - just plan for the time - sit back - and enjoy.

Decor could do with some updating. Nothing fancy just bring it into the current times.

1  Thank KenjiKat

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem. Food is delicious, cooked fresh and authentic. I won't visit any other Indian restaurant.

1  Thank oilfan14
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I love a good curry and this place is the best food in town.
If you don't like it hot ask for mild.
Mild here is like med-hot at other places.
Best roti, very nice lady runs the place, good value.
Atmosphere is a little drab but food makes up for it.

1  Thank mytravexp
Reviewed 30 August 2013

for several years I have been a follower of Arunthas cooking she was first one of the owners of spicy greens and then curry kingdom, when we found her again at curry kingdom I was sooooo excited because the quality of spicy greens was obviously diferent, then the same happen curry kingdom's didnt live up to the expectation or to the quality they had before which it sadden me because she cooks the best butter chicken ever; long story short one of my friends told me she open her own restaurant at the old spicy green location and here we go!! we found her!!! for all of you original spicy greens followers you wont be disappointed, you can get the freshly cooked indian dinner that Aruntha got us used to it! go there and support this amazing, hard working woman that cooks the best food (in my opinion) cant wait for my butter chicken tonight! no more orange dried dyed chicken anymore!! whoohooo

1  Thank foodjunkie831