“Stay cuz we have to..”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Prince Rupert, Canada
“Stay cuz we have to..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed at Treasure Cove many times over the years but have been disappointed more and more and the main complaint is noise from other guests. The guests are usually in groups with children. When we stayed July 4 was the worst!!! We called the front desk who promptly talked to the loud room next door so they needed up going out. That left the kids to run up and down the halls, knocking on each other's doors unsupervised. Doors opening and closing non stop. They kept knocking continuously when they won't open the door. The adults were dealt with at 10:30 and the kids went on for a few hours. The adults returned at 1:30 am and stayed talking in the hallway wondering if they should bang on doors to make up for who ever ratted them out. My husband had a 4 am wake up call so we had little sleep. I stayed after he left and went to the front desk at 9 am and asked if the next room was checking out or move me. The man was kind and moved us. He asked for my luggage to be packed and they put our luggage in the new room. I should have complained when the kids were disruptive but I didn't expect it to go on so long.

I've always enjoyed the breakfast, the voucher to use in the casino and the ample parking. The staff have always been fine and helpful.

If it wasn't for my husbands employer covering his/our stays then we would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid rooms where teams/groups are staying together.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarniVK
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Hello MarniVK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize about the noise from other guests you experienced during your last visit. I can appreciate your frustration especially when your husband had to be up early. We typically try to book guests with children on the lower floors and people travelling on business or without kids on the top floor. When booking your reservation you can certainly request to be on the 4th floor which tends to be a lot quieter.

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast, parking, and find our staff helpful. Your comments are much appreciated and we look forward to having you back and providing a quieter stay for you and your husband,

sales@treasurecovehotel.net

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Clean, well appointed room with all the necessary amenities. Friendly staff. Nice complimentary breakfast. Felt a bit sorry for the very pleasant receptionist who seemed to be dealing with a difficult booking while three people required her attention at the desk. Maybe an extra person at the desk would help?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kerry S
Hello Kerry S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad you found our rooms clean and well appointed, and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast!

Thank you for the feedback about providing an extra reception staff. The nature of the hospitality business is that sometimes it can be feast or famine - there are long periods of time when you have no guests to assist or check in and then all the sudden a surge of visitors! We do try to have more than one reception on at all peak times. We are currently experimenting with longer periods of coverage on the weekends and so far its working out really well.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Enjoyed everything about this hotel. Pool was great for the kids, casino was attached to hotel and complimentary breakfast was good. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hello JacksonMarie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad your kids enjoyed the pool, its always a favourite. Often times the kids choose the hotel not the parents! I'm glad enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, the waffles are also a big favourite. Thank you for the compliment of our friendly staff, this is something we pride ourselves on. I will certainly share your kind words with our the staff as they love to hear feedback.

We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here on the last day of a business trip and it was a great note to end the week on. The staff were exceptionally helpful, and the rooms were quite nice. The location seems a bit odd, but I think that's more a product of Prince George's layout than anything else. I also went to the spa, which was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello Claire W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Its nice to hear we helped you end your week on a high note. I'm glad you found our staff helpful we pride ourselves on our friendly staff! I'm glad you found the rooms to be nice as well, we are currently repainting all of them. I will pass along your comments to the spa manager they are much appreciated!

We look forward to accommodating again in the future!

Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a waste of money, the pool was freezing the room was tiny, there was no microwave....we do a lot of travelling and we got better amenities and nicer rooms for cheaper prices!!

Don't waste your money!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenn R
Hello JR R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the pool temperature, I will pass your comment on to our Maintenance Manager. Now that we're in the fall season it may be time to increase the temperature!

If you choose to stay with us again in the future please note we do have a microwave in our breakfast room which is available for guest use 24 hours a day.

Once again thank you for the feedback and hope you will give us another try in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had one of my items stolen from my luggage. Only realized this after checking out and returning home.
Service overall was good but ranking it as a 2 because of this theft.
Pleasant front desk and continental breakfast staff

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank johndoughe
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello johndoughe,

Thank you for reviewing our property. This is the first I have heard about a missing item from a guests luggage at our hotel. If you would please give me a phone call or e-mail I would like to look into this matter as we take these concerns quite seriously.

I also noticed your only other hotel review mentions a stolen item as well. It seems you've been having bad luck while travelling, I hope you will give us the opportunity to look into this matter.

250-614-9111
Fort St. John, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

If you like to gamble then this is a good property for you. If you don't I am sure there are better prices and locations for your entertainment value.
What I found is that the 'stay and play' package is a MUCH better deal then the average room rate. It gives you room, breakfast ( one with fairly good options) and 50.00 in casino play which actually turns in to 60.00 when you check in and based on double you will receive 2 x 5.00 play coupons.
Check in was fairly easy, lady was pleasant and we were given more coupons for the Aveda Spa ( 15% off) and the restaurant (free dessert).
Room were average, ours was very 'well worn' a pleasant surprise was the display on Aveda toiletries! A total treat from the regular ones you can sometimes get.
The restaurant was Ric's Grill and I won't get into details but I was extremely shocked and disappointed was the terrible service on all aspects ( food was good). It was the first time I was compelled to go on to Trip Advisor and do a review while having the experience. It was only after the waitress put salt on what was supposed to be a sugared rim martini that she stopped being such a douchie waitress and started treating us like she at least could fake liking her job. My boyfriend and I were there to spend money and have fun- they barley managed to get $80.00 from us. We went next door to the casino to spend our money and won't ever go back. We will try the casino for food next time.
Spa is AWESOME- great prices and especially if you use the coupon! I recommend if you have advance notice of your stay book ahead of time to make sure there is availability for your service!
Breakfast was good- above average for a continental. Making your own waffles is always fun!
Based on what's available in Prince George and the value I received I would stay here again primarily for the fact I can have drinks at the casino and not have to cab and the Spa is great

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello cava33,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm glad you took advantage of our "Stay & Play" Casino package it is a very popular package at our hotel. I'm glad you found our complimentary breakfast to have good options, it is one of the biggest selling features of our hotel.

In regards to your "well worn" room - we are currently in the process of repainting all of our rooms! I hope next time you visit you can stay in a freshly painted room.

I will definitely forward your concerns about Ric's Lounge & Grill to their management. Although they are privately owned and operated we take these comments very seriously as they effect the quality our our guests experiences.

I will also forward your great comments to the Spa manager. We appreciate all the feedback and look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

250-614-9111